Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone giving up amazon prime because the price is now $119?

It's well worth it for us even if it goes way up in price.  We have packages all the time coming from Amazon.  It's great and saves so much money (and time) not having to go to stores to look for what we want!   I order lots of things I would normally get at the drugstore and it comes right to my door in 2 days!! When I go to a B & M store I always end up spending way more than even regular shipping and handling charges if I would have ordered without prime but  with prime - well it's a no brainer!!!  I would never be pennywise and pound foolish to stop prime!!

Contributor

How "prime" is it to pay Amazon $7.99 for a box of four Stouffer's seasoning wraps when Wal Mart charges $1.98 for the identical product?  I was warned years ago that Amazon, while unquestionably great for books and music, was very over-priced in many other categories.  I have since found countless examples of items which are double, triple or more on Amazon than at places like Wal Mart.

Super Contributor

I gave prime up a few months ago, didn't feel it was worth the money.  When I originally signed up, I planned to use the video service but somehow never got around to doing so...lol.  The 2-day shipping is not that important to me, plus I always order over the $25 minimum to get free shipping.

Honored Contributor

We don't have Prime, never have, yet DH ordered a new phone from Amazon Monday morning and it arrived on Tuesday.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

When I first heard about the price increase I thought OMG no way was I going to continue with my Amazon Prime membership!  But who I was kidding?  I'm NOT giving it up.  Unless I change my mind again come December when I'm up for renewal.  But I doubt it.  lol

Respected Contributor

I will not be cancelling. I love Prime and we shop Amazon quite often during the years.  It think it's one of the best sites out there. 

Esteemed Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I would, but that would mean I couldn't use the Echo and Dot and Fire Tablet I have. They have us all stuck.

What? no, I have three dots and I never had prime and they always work. And I had fire tablets they always worked. One thing has nothing to do with the other. 

Honored Contributor

No way would I give it up.  It's definitely worth it for me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Can't give up what I don't have. I know someone who lets any of her friends piggyback their order along with hers, and she  doesn't charge for shipping on her Prime account.

That's pretty awful!   People who cheat are the ones who cause price increases for the rest of us, who don't steal.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not at all.  What has not gone up? My garbage pickup has... my electric bill has... my food bill has... and on and on.  Just add it to everything else that goes up.  I will just buy less on QVC.