Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone giving up amazon prime because the price is now $119?

@NYC Susan wrote:

@geegerbee wrote:

I would, but that would mean I couldn't use the Echo and Dot and Fire Tablet I have. They have us all stuck.

I don't have Prime, but I do have an Echo Dot and a Fire Tablet, and I use them all the time.

So I'm confused - Why can't you use those things without Prime? 

@geegerbee  You weren't paged with the above reply so just wanted to make sure you saw it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

No, but my renewal went through just before the price hike 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@geegerbee wrote:

I would, but that would mean I couldn't use the Echo and Dot and Fire Tablet I have. They have us all stuck.

What? no, I have three dots and I never had prime and they always work. And I had fire tablets they always worked. One thing has nothing to do with the other. 

I'm glad you posted.  I thought it was just me.  I have a Dot and a Fire Tablet, use them both all the time, and have never had Prime.  

Esteemed Contributor

@garl wrote:

How "prime" is it to pay Amazon $7.99 for a box of four Stouffer's seasoning wraps when Wal Mart charges $1.98 for the identical product?  I was warned years ago that Amazon, while unquestionably great for books and music, was very over-priced in many other categories.  I have since found countless examples of items which are double, triple or more on Amazon than at places like Wal Mart.

As with all companies, it's always wise to comparison-shop.  Of course Amazon isn't  always less expensive, but in my experience it's a lot less expensive a lot of the time. And I buy many things other than books and music.  Also - delivery is super-fast (even without Prime), and the customer service can't be beat.

I don't think anyone should blindly order from Amazon, assuming they offer the best prices.  But for me and for many people I know, they offer the best variety and the best prices a large majority of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

We don't have Prime, never have, yet DH ordered a new phone from Amazon Monday morning and it arrived on Tuesday.

I don't have Prime either, and I always get things super-fast.  I think Amazon is pretty great even without Prime!

Honored Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

@geegerbee

No, giving up Prime never occurred to me. I don’t have an Echo, Dot, or Fire tablet either.

I’d keep Prime even if I never ordered another thing from Amazon. I more than get my money’s worth just from Prime Video. It is the reason I got Prime. 

I can’t imagine ever getting Prime for the free 2 day shipping. Sorry, that just sounds nuts to me. Anyone ordering that much can easily qualify for free shipping anyway and most of us really don’t need out things in 2 days. Amazon is usually quick about delivering anyway.

Honored Contributor

I was lucky enough that my renewal came up before the price increase. I probably will renew again, but won't worry about that now!

Honored Contributor

I check prices ,sometimes walmart is more expensive, if i gave prime up i would be running to stores, so  i doubt i will.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

My Prime membership ends in August and I will not be renewing it. Partially due to the price and partially because I think Bezos and Amazon are getting way too big, crushing competition. I've also read too many articles regarding not so great wages and working conditions for employees. All around, it just doesn't sit well with me so I rarely order from them anymore.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Not on your life!  I like Amazon Video better than Netflix.  Because I can't do much walking, Prime saves me time and pain from having to shop for even simple drug items in stores.  I love my Prime.

@ Kachina,

OMG!  I saw THE BEST movie on AMZN Prime Video - "JUNGLE".

It's a must watch!

U MUST!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."