Trusted Contributor

Anyone giving up amazon prime because the price is now $119?

I would, but that would mean I couldn't use the Echo and Dot and Fire Tablet I have. They have us all stuck.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone giving up amazon prime because the price is now $119?

@geegerbee:  Not a chance I'd give up Prime, even if they double the price.  

Trusted Contributor

We’re seriously considering giving up prime.  We have an echo, echo look and dot. Not ordering as much as we used to.  We can stack orders and wait for free shipping. 

Esteemed Contributor

Me.  I'll live without the tablet.  I feel spied upon when it suddently talks to me - strange!

Plus Prime Pantry has gone up in prices; I think the new shipping deal is ridiculous; and, food choices have lessened.  I can often find items locally at or about the same cost.

Think I'll just order my usual on Subscribe & Save.  However, believe it or not, I've switched to Keurig auto-delivery - cheaper!

Don't feel "stuck" to Amazonsmile as I am with my laptop:  seems we're all stuck on something nowadays!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Not on your life!  I like Amazon Video better than Netflix.  Because I can't do much walking, Prime saves me time and pain from having to shop for even simple drug items in stores.  I love my Prime.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am NOT a member of Amazon, meaning they do not have my cc info as I never shop online.  I have the Amazon DOT for which I use their browser app to set up as I do not own a cell phone.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Kachina624  @Patbz  Prime Video fan and Prime Music fan, as well as the free prepub monthly book.  And lots of other things that pop up periodically.  No giving it up for money.  Would possibly give it up if something ghastly happens to service, but not without trepidation.

Honored Contributor

Not I, it is worth it for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I am keeping Prime since I order so much from them.  They have gourmet items that I cannot get where I live, many of them being items that I find as I travel around the country taking cooking and baking classes.  Since I generally travel only with a carry-on, I cannot bring too many items home with me.  I also really like the free shipping and the free book every month.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

No, I won't be giving it up any time soon.