Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone getting a new iPhone?

I got my new phone and iPad today. 

I went with the regular iphone 11, in red, and the 12.9” iPad Pro. 

The Apple store was packed, but I got in and out quickly. We set up the phone there and I’ll do my iPad myself probably tomorrow. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

You will love your 11. I've had my phone a week now and the three things I enjoy most that my 6 Plus didn't have are facial recognition, swiping typing and animojis. 

Honored Contributor

@frankenfinch wrote:

You will love your 11. I've had my phone a week now and the three things I enjoy most that my 6 Plus didn't have are facial recognition, swiping typing and animojis. 

@frankenfinch - I’m afraid to use it!  LOL. 

I got it just before 2, came home and connected it to our WIFI and plugged it in to charge it. I haven’t gone any further!  Though I’ve had an iPhone for years, it takes me a few days to ease into new stuff. 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

The Apple store was packed, but I got in and out quickly. We set up the phone there and I’ll do my iPad myself probably tomorrow. 

I would have hated to get that bill ... Probably cost you thousands of dollars paying for over-priced gadgets from China.  Many of us simply are priced out from the Apple product line. 

Valued Contributor

I got the iPhone 11 the day it came out. I upgraded from the 6 which I had for 5 years. The touch screen was barely working, so it was a necessity to do an upgrade. I think 5 years is a good run considering the wear and tear it went through. Also, my company pays for my phone and the bill, so it didn’t cost me a penny. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I would have hated to get that bill ... Probably cost you thousands of dollars paying for over-priced gadgets from China.  Many of us simply are priced out from the Apple product line. 

@Reever - yep, it cost a few thousand dollars. I was happy to pay it as the Apple products I use work flawlessly. The two I replaced were really old and starting to not function as they should. Just like any other appliance or device that gets old and wears out. 

I look at it this way- we don’t own a beach house.  We don’t own a boat or an RV. We took one mini vacation this year for 48 hours so we don’t spend a lot of money on travel. Actually, our 48 hour vacation was our first in two years. So travel isn’t an expense for us. And so, I put the money we saved by not having/doing any of those other things on a new iPhone and iPad. 

Everyone gets to choose what they want to spend spend their money on. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, I do not like apple products. Just brought a new Samsung phone and I love it!

Honored Contributor

@frankenfinch wrote:

@frankenfinch  what is swiping typing?

Esteemed Contributor

I went into the Verizon store yesterday to look at phones and possibly purchase the 8. The salesman annoyed me so much, that I walked out of the store. How many times do I have to say that I do not want the 11  or the 10.

When I decide to upgrade, I will purchase online. 

Frequent Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@frankenfinch wrote:

@frankenfinch  what is swiping typing?

That's when you type on the keyboard using a swiping motion from one letter to the next instead of hitting one key at a time. Takes practice to get the swing right but once you do it's fast and fun.