Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone getting a new iPhone?

@gidgetgh I expect a net to drop down from the ceiling when those alarms go off.  Hahahaha.

I have a 5s.  LOL  I keep  looking at it thinking I should upgrade, but mine still works perfectly fine.  I can't justify it yet.  It's in perfect condition. 

I keep my phones a long time.  Obviously.  The new ones look very nice.  I hear they're waterproof  now. LOL

Honored Contributor

No,  I don't do Apple.  I plan to upgrade to the Galaxy S10 as a Christmas present to myself this year.  I'm using a Galaxy  S9 now.

Honored Contributor

No, not at this time.

Honored Contributor

No, not a phone, but I did order a new iPad.  My current iPad is too old to update.

I have a 6S (+), and I guess the ‘S’ model is the only 6 that will take the new update.  So I’m saved the decision of whether to buy a new phone for a while.

Super Contributor

I got the 10r last December and love it! Hopefully won't be getting a new one for a few years.

Super Contributor

Oops, I guess it's the Xr, not 10r...

Respected Contributor

Oh goodness not "Danger Will Robinson" LOL...I have the IPhone 6+ and recently spilled oil on it. I have not been able to successfully get all of the oil out of the screen. Thinking about upgrading but not to the latest phone released.

Trusted Contributor

yes! i get a new one every year. haven’t decided on the color yet though. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@gidgetgh 

The whole last paragraph that you wrote had me laughing. I could completely picture the event. 

I forgot to answer the question. I have a 6 plus that I had planned on keeping until it literally stopped working. Well I seemed to have jinxed myself since, I am beginning to experience more and more problems. I have also read that the new upgrade might not work on some of the 6 models. 

I might upgrade at the end of the year, I am going to see how far I can push my current phone, but it will be an 8 not the new 11. 

Sort of off topic but I have a co-worker who purchased her 15 year old daughter the 10XR (I believe that is the top of the line model) Well her and her ex husband do not see eye to eye on anything. He is buying the daughter the new 11. The daughter will have two phones to carry around because neither parent wants her to just have one phone. They want her to have the phone that they gave her.  WTH.....

it's not about the phone

Regular Contributor

Hi gidetech:  yes, I’m going all out and getting the 11pro max, pretty much sight unseen....the new green color. I ordered it since our Apple store guy said their preorder for store pickup were all filled. It should be mailed next week and I’ll either go to att&t or back to Apple to have it all migrated over   He said Apple support could easily talk me through it but I want to make sure my email goes smoothly and everything “reappears” as it should😄!  I’m glad to hear you liked the pro max since I was worried it might b too big. I have a 7 now and thought for a long time the larger ones looked ridiculous, like holding a iPad up to your head!  Well, am over that and now mine seems old school. I kind of resent the comments about “having to have the latest and greatest”; waited a long time to replace my 7 and it is getting a little wonky. Will probably not replace this one for many years but at some point they don’t download new systems or update new features such as SECURITY fixes, which I don’t like. Let me be an enabler and say,”Go for it. “. Did you like the green?  I haven’t seen it and hoping it’s a matte and not shiny. Let us know what u decide?