Honored Contributor

Anyone else having trouble with Yahoo! home page? Any advice?

For the past week, I've been having trouble accessing links on the Yahoo! home page. Also, I'll be in the middle of reading an article and I'm not able to scroll up or down. It freezes. The "refresh" button on the top left of my computer doesn't show up - just the "X." 

Once in a while, a message comes up at top saying something like "shockwave plug in has crashed." It used to happen once in a while, but now it's happening all of the time.

This is not happening with any other website, just Yahoo! And so far my mail appears to be OK.

I have checked and run the virus protection and everything is OK.

Any ideas or any advice? TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else having trouble with Yahoo! home page? Any advice?

I think it must be Yahoo.

I can't see videos on it anymore-they just have that circle spinning around.

And yes sometimes not able to read article due to freezing.

Something changed in the past few weeks.

I'm not even going to try to figure it out anymore. It always is changing something and not for the better.

Plus isn't Verizon taking over Yahoo?

I wonder if that has something to do with at least the videos.

If I really want to know about the story, I just put the subject in the search bar and plenty of other websites have info about it with no problems.

The articles are not usually written very well either with not complete information.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I think it must be Yahoo.

I can't see videos on it anymore-they just have that circle spinning around.

And yes sometimes not able to read article due to freezing.

Something changed in the past few weeks.

I'm not even going to try to figure it out anymore. It always is changing something and not for the better.

Plus isn't Verizon taking over Yahoo?

I wonder if that has something to do with at least the videos.

If I really want to know about the story, I just put the subject in the search bar and plenty of other websites have info about it with no problems.

The articles are not usually written very well either with not complete information.

Thanks @on the bay - I'm glad I'm not the only one! You're so right about the articles. I used to get all of my news there, but I don't always "trust" their writers to be objective any more. Something has changed, and I don't feel like starting to read an article and waiting 5 minutes until I am able to scroll down to finish it - IF it even lets me do that! Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I'm so tired of ...IE home page freezing and box say they are trying to find a solution!

I have Windows 7 and using IE 11

Verizon  bought Yahoo and takes over June 5t or the 8th 

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

I did not know yahoo was still in business.  LOL  I use cnn.com for my news