Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any thoughts on the Samsung Camera TSV ?

I backed out. Decided I was overcome by the presentation. I am going to wait, use what I have and then find a way to actually try out cameras in stores.

Super Contributor

I got it in white which sold out. So excited, the Galaxy 1 model got rave reviews on every site, walmart, amazon, samsung, etc. I almost paid more for the first model and backed out and saw that this price was cheaper than the original on sale at Walmart now! I can't resist, they even had the original at Costco, and that sold out, so now that the 2 is cheaper, I had to get it. I have the Samsung Galaxy cell phone so will know how to use it. Love all the filters. Thankful for the easy pay! Yay!

Contributor

Thanks everyone. I decided against it as well. Just decided I didn't need and probably wouldn't use all the features. Hope everyone who got it loves it. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 8/31/2014 bonnielu said:

I backed out. Decided I was overcome by the presentation. I am going to wait, use what I have and then find a way to actually try out cameras in stores.

I highly recommend going to a site like Best Buy and/or Amazon and search for cameras with features that are important to you. Basics - point and shoot or DSLR? P&Ss are the smallest, DSLRs aren't pocketable but may have longer zooms, for example. Then, how many megapixels? The most isn't necessarily the best. How long a zoom? Wi-fi, or Eye-Fi enabled? You should be able to narrow down your search by choosing the various criteria on the Digital Cameras page. Then after you narrow it down to 2-3, read the reviews and see what people like and don't like, and how important those things are to you. Also read reviews from sites like CNET and photography websites by searching the model number. You can learn a lot.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

When I saw it I thought I would have camera envy but then while I love my Android phone, and for quick everyday use the TSV would probably be ok. But I am picture picky and on tv I didn't like the looks of the photos they showed. Like I said I am picky.

But, I think that a generation or 2 down the line i might have to have one.