Contributor

Any ideas if Samsung Tab 4 NOOK will come to QVC?

I would like to try this new NOOK, but Barnes and Noble has a 14 day return policy of UNOPENED items. If I don't like it, buying it from Barnes and Noble, I'm taking a risk that I'm not so sure I want to take. I had gotten my current NOOK HD from QVC, and I like it, but it seems to be crashing a lot lately. I've had it over 2 years...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any ideas if Samsung Tab 4 NOOK will come to QVC?

I don't know. It's cypher monday, check Amazon and Best Buy for deals on a Samsung tablet. I looked at the deal the B&N site. You can not find a better price on this quality device anywhere.
Respected Contributor

I have no idea what ""crashing"" means. It's a term than means nothing since people use it for everything wrong. Have you tried resetting it back to when it was new? That way you can start over. Be sure to make a backup before proceeding.

reset Nook HD

Contributor

I too own the Barnes and Noble Nook, which I purchased May 2013, through QVC. I have no problems with mine...yet? But like you really like the Samsung Nook Tab 4. I was hoping QVC would offer as a "TSV"...but does not look like it? Cyber Monday QVC is offering the Samsung 8" tab for $249 and 6 easy pays of $44. Best Buy is selling for $199. A few options, but since it is a "Nook", would stick with Barnes and Noble. B&N offer a $50 instant rebate with purchase right now, since Black Friday.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Contessa K said: I too own the Barnes and Noble Nook, which I purchased May 2013, through QVC. I have no problems with mine...yet? But like you really like the Samsung Nook Tab 4. I was hoping QVC would offer as a "TSV"...but does not look like it? Cyber Monday QVC is offering the Samsung 8" tab for $249 and 6 easy pays of $44. Best Buy is selling for $199. A few options, but since it is a "Nook", would stick with Barnes and Noble. B&N offer a $50 instant rebate with purchase right now, since Black Friday.

The Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4" tab for $199 at BB is a nicer tablet than the Samsung Tab 4. BB has hundreds of reviews. You may want to check Samsung's site for deals included with the device.

Contributor

Thanks for you help. I have seen the deals outside QVC (esp. B&N $129 today, Cyber Monday), but I'm so spoiled with the ability to return items (as I mentioned above) if I'm not completely satisfied with it -- with QVC. I've never had a Samsung, so I don't know what to expect. Hopefully QVC will get it soon. I favor the NOOK over the Kindle (I have both) for reading books and magazines. BTW, by "crashing" I meant that I will be reading a magazine, playing a game, or using other apps and it freezes up forcing me to have to close the app.

Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2014 LonDA said: Thanks for you help. I have seen the deals outside QVC (esp. B&N $129 today, Cyber Monday), but I'm so spoiled with the ability to return items (as I mentioned above) if I'm not completely satisfied with it -- with QVC. I've never had a Samsung, so I don't know what to expect. Hopefully QVC will get it soon. I favor the NOOK over the Kindle for reading books and magazines. BTW, by "crashing" I meant that I will be reading a magazine, playing a game, or using other apps and it freezes up forcing me to have to close the app.

Close all but the app you're using. Freezing is what happens when you have too many app/programs open and not enough memory. Another option, reset and start over. Unless you just want a new Nook, resetting your device is a cheap way to have it run like new.

Contributor

Thank you glb613. I have tried making sure the apps are closed, but, I do plan to try resetting! Thanks again.