Trusted Contributor

Re: Any Ideas of What's Wrong?

[ Edited ]

The never ending saga of a computer printer goes on.  So, HP sent me a label to return the printer to them.  Now, mind you, I am physically handicapped and use a walker and live by myself.  Getting the printer to the car was a major task in and of itself.  Then getting into the store to have it returned was also a major task.  However, I persevered and returned it, and ordered a Canon online from Amazon.    This was the description:

Canon PIXMA TS Series All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer - White - 3-in-1 Copier/Printer/Scanner - 4800 x 1200 dpi Resolution - Automatic Duplex Print - 1200 dpi Optical Scan - 5 Feet USB Printer Cable  and it was $229.99.  I needed the model number so I could order an extra set of cartridges as I have a major project due March 20 and did not want to be without a backup of each cartridge.  Finally, the seller furnished the model number and I discover that this same model was available for $99.99 from Canon and a couple of other places on the web.  So, I tell them I don't want it and I think this company purposefully did not furnish the model number in its description anywhere so you could not check it on line and see the price at other sites.  Very deceptive.  The printer arrived today.   So, as of right now, Amazon has given me a return label and now I must once again go through the process of loading the printer in the car and taking it into the store that is a UPS pick up point.  I just hope that the seller credits my charge card without any problem.   And, I suggested to Amazon that they investigate this seller for deceptive practices by purposefully not furnishing the model number to the potential buyer.  First time anything like this has happened in my many years of buying on Amazon.  

I live in a town of 10,000+ and we don't have a Best Buy or Staples or anything like that and when I checked the inventory at nearby stores they didn't have what I wanted.  So, I ordered another Canon and let's hope it gets here on time, works so I can complete my project in time, and lasts at least for two or three years.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta