Trusted Contributor

I have a Canon TS9020 printer that has been working just fine.  Now all of a sudden, everything it prints is pink and black.  No blue, green, red, etc.  I took all the cartridges out and reinstalled them.  I did the clean and deep clean maintenance.  I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it, but nothing changed.  Still pink and black.  What could this be?  I had almost all of the cartridges run out of ink at the same time and replaced them all, and that is when the problems started.

Thank you for any ideas you may give me.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Re: Any Ideas of What's Wrong?

Double check that you took off the plastic tape from the printer cartridges.  They have a pull tab, which removes the tape that protects the connection.

Be sure your computer print set up is not defaulted to gray scale, but set to color.  This is the setup on the computer itself not the printer.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

I had a bad batch of ink, returned it bought new and it worked fine.  This is exactly what happened to me. 

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

Is this the printer that uses 6 tanks? You said you took each tank out and reinstalled them. Are you positive the colors are all in the correct slots? When installed does the printer show each color as full? 

I have no idea how old this model Canon might be. The only problem I had with other older printers, not Canon, were the print heads were bad.

I have called Canon Customer Service a couple times over the many years I have decided Canon to be my go to printers. Should be there 800 number on your printer. Very little wait time, and they were happy to help. If you can't resolve this, I suggest you call them. If you are using "generic" ink tanks? 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@wismiss , along the lines of what @hckynut @said.  This is what google says...

This could be due to low ink levels, a clogged print nozzle, or some other hardware issue. If you did replace the color ink cartridge and are still having the problem, you should have a print nozzle cleaning function that came with the printer software or driver.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions.  @Peaches McPhee, I double checked the cartridges and they do not have any plastic tape on them.  Where or how do you get to "color" and not "gray scale"?

@deb5555, I ordered some more cartridges so I will install them when they come and see what happens.  @hckynut , Yes, the cartridges are in the right slots.  They were full when put in and that is what is showed on my screen, but since I did cleaning and deep cleaning a couple of times they are not full now.  I only use Canon products and do not use generic cartridges.  I have had good experiences with Canon printers and this is the first one that I haven't been able to solve the problem myself.  Guess I'll have to call Canon.  Thank you for the suggestion.

@Lilysmom1, thanks for the information.  I have checked the print nozzles and the program tells me that the nozzles are not clogged.  I have cleaned and deep cleaned, but till the same problem.

Again, thank you for your replies and suggestions.  I think maybe this time I am stumped and will havel to call Canon.

wismiss

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Have you tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it again?  How about updating the drivers. 

Respected Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions.  @Peaches McPhee, I double checked the cartridges and they do not have any plastic tape on them.  Where or how do you get to "color" and not "gray scale"?

If you are working with Microsoft: when your print a document, the printer setup page comes up.  One of the options is color vs. gray scale. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I called two computer repair places and both said that I did what they would have done and that I should just get a new printer.  By the time they did what I did the money for that could be put toward a new printer. I got an HP printer, it was delivered today, and I think the printer carriage needs repair-----it cannot move.  So I'm waiting for HP support (have been for half an hour now).  Should have bought a Canon.  I'm just so frustrated.  It seems like everything in my life is a challenge and times that should be positive end up being a negative.  

Well, just got off the phone with HP.  Have to send it back.  They think it has a broken alignment head.  Why does this not surprise me?

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

Don't feel lonely!  I am sure many here that have delved into electronic devices, especially wireless or even IR, have been through something similar to this.

Through my many decades of working with, and on, electronic devices?  Nothing surprises my anymore. Can remember spending many hours moving peripheral devices, only to discover 1 of the 2 brand new batteries was the problem.

I 2nd your decision to next time go with Canon. I went the HP route 1 time, and though my problem was different, I ended up sending it back. Hope the replacement goes as it should for you.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)