Honored Contributor

I didn't get the TSV QVC had recently because it didn't seem like it was what I wanted, I believe it wasn't an Android smartphone. I know HSN has 3 electronic TS's for August and wondered if anyone knows if they are having a cellphone as a TS.TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Any Good Buys On A TracFone

Best to really read consumer and editor's reviews on the internet regarding each make and model#'s of the android cell phones which are of interest before purchase with HSN or anyone for that matter, because many cell phones are getting low reviews.

As for when HSN will be having a today's special on tracfone or android's best to call their customer service and inquire.

Honored Contributor

On 8/11/2014 adoreqvc said:

Best to really read consumer and editor's reviews on the internet regarding each make and model#'s of the android cell phones which are of interest before purchase with HSN or anyone for that matter, because many cell phones are getting low reviews.

As for when HSN will be having a today's special on tracfone or android's best to call their customer service and inquire.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have a "dumb phone" so most phones for me will be a step up!

Super Contributor

My last 2 phones were tracfones bought thru hsn. The 2nd, my current phone, is a smartphone and I love it! They don't always tell youabout the tracfones in advance...but try this. Go to the shopping network website and search for tracfones. If there is a smartphone with no reviews it could be new and coming up as one of those tsvs. Then you can google the phone, in advance, and get the reviews from other stores or android forums. I use my smartphone so much now - lots of apps for games, gps, exercise. If you want lots of apps make sure the android is at least 4.1. Some of the available tracfone smartphones have old operating systems and cannot do as much. Good luck!
Super Contributor

I inquired on their forum last Friday and customer service replied that there isn't one planned for the near future. I, too, was bummed out that QVC's tracfone special was with an old phone. I would like an upgrade from the LG800G from last year but I am not going to pay $50.00 bucks or more a month for a smart phone. The LG was OK but I would like a better camera with a rear and front-facing camera for Skype or something similar.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Respected Contributor

You're very welcome jordan2.

Good luck in your search!

Respected Contributor

sorry for the double post...

Honored Contributor

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Centura from HSN at a good price. If you are wanting something with a BIG screen? Probably best stick with the SII/SIII/SIIII or if there is one the SIIIII.

Smart phones are not my thing but there was such a good deal of this one I decided to buy it. My wife cannot call out from our home with her SII, but only because she has Virgin Mobile. She can use mine however as it has AT&T and T-Mobile for its providers.

hckynut(john)
Contributor

I just bought my husband E226450. It is the ZTE Valet android by Tracfone for $79.96. It's his first cell phone since he tried the Jitterbug a few years ago. It comes with 1200 minutes, 1200 texts and and data. He has a year to use what comes with the phone and triple minutes for life. I activated online getting a new phone number with no problems. All he does is make calls, no texts or data. But I made sure it all works well including wifi and the sound quality is excellent on his phone.

I have a cell through Verizon and the amount of minutes and texts I use since retiring is a pitiful small amount. I should dump Verizon but I like my current non smart phone, lol. When my cell finally dies or needs a new battery I think I will go with Tracfone if we continue to be so happy with husband's phone.

Respected Contributor

I'm just guessing here, but I imagine that the Q and HSN will have a good deal before Christmas.