Respected Contributor

Any Apple IPad experts out there?

Bummer...My DH was watching a movie on Youtube with  my Apple IPAD for about 45 minutes and when he turned off Youtube, my screen on the 'Apple' had lightened  up with tiny horizonal lines on it..across the whole screen.  It still works but the screen has the tiny lines on every site I go to...very hard to see now. Any suggestions? Go buy another one?  Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Apple IPad experts out there?

@sarahpanda.  You need to talk to @dooBdoo .  Maybe she'll see this.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

Bummer...My DH was watching a movie on Youtube with  my Apple IPAD for about 45 minutes and when he turned off Youtube, my screen on the 'Apple' had lightened  up with tiny horizonal lines on it..across the whole screen.  It still works but the screen has the tiny lines on every site I go to...very hard to see now. Any suggestions? Go buy another one?  Thanks in advance.

@sarahpanda , Ok, this is all I know, hold thr power button and the home button down at the same time. Wait for the Apple screen and release the buttons , then wait for restart screen with pass code. That will fix many issues, hopefully yours.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I was going to suggest the same as @QVCkitty1 . I've had apple devices get "temperamental" if I ignore the updates for too long.  So if restarting it doesn't work, perhaps see if it's due fir an iOS update. 

Honored Contributor

Rebooting is always the best first option. If that solves the problem, great! If not, then things get more complicated. The issue you're describing would then likely be a hardware issue and that gets pretty expensive with Apple products.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

Hi, @sarahpanda.  I just now saw this thread. 

Some quick brainstorming... 

Which iPad model, is it an older one, well-used and well-loved over time? 

Is all of the software, for the iPadOS and apps, updated to the most current versions for your device model? 

Since you mention the series of events, I wonder if the device

overheated during the video

(streaming, plus other things that might be active in the background, can heat up the device)

and led to a hardware problem.

If you have Apple coverage, you always could

contact them online or by phone.   

They're very, very helpful in my experience.

I agree with others, a reboot is good to try.   

Also, I think I'd

• close out apps running in background,

• clear out Safari data,

• and try resetting network settings

(under General-->Reset-->Reset Network Settings). 

When the device restarts, you'll need to

reconnect to your WiFi with your password.   

Another thing...

I'd try a backup/sync to see if that helps --

a backup/sync clears out a substantial amount of

analytic/diagnostic data that sometimes causes weird things.   

With a new backup, or with the most recent one you made before this problem arose, you also have the option to erase the device and restore from a good, previous backup.

Sending good wishes and positive energy to you.

I know from your thread in Among Friends that you're under so much stress, and my prayers continue for you and your husband.   I hope you'll stay in touch with us.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Just one more quick note. This could be a moisture issue that will resolve on its own. That would be more likely if the device was moved from a hot to cold or cold to hot space and a bit of condensation formed in the wrong place internally. Putting it someplace warmish and dry for a bit might solve the problem. I've never disassembled an iPad, but most modern electronics use ribbon cables to transmit the signal to the display. A teensy little bit of moisture in the wrong place could possibly cause the issue you're seeing. I'm not wildly optimistic that will fix the issue, but it's cheap (free) and worth a shot. Just plop it down someplace warm and dry for a good bit and see what happens.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

@sarahpanda @Have you rebooted? Go to your settings. What model iPad do you have? It's under ABOUT.  
What OS are you using? ITS UNDER SOFTWARE UPDATE. When was your last update of your iPad? What about update for YouTube? 

This might be totally unnecessary but could come in handy if other things don't work.If you have iCloud you can probably restore things up to the date you last backed up your iPad. Do you back it up.