Respected Contributor

Re: Any Advice-Unbelievable Battery Drain with IpadOS 14.3 on Ipad Air 2

[ Edited ]

No problem. We all need help figuring things out. I only know some of this as my experience with solving things myself that others have had problems with also. I feel good when I can take someone's stress away. Electronics can be stressful.

I know not using Safari is better to me. Here is something to do also. 
Go to Settings, scroll down to Safari, click on, and when the screen opens up go "all the way the bottom" of the screen and click on Advanced. When it opens click on Website Data. You will be amazed how many things that are there to clean off your iPad. Scroll down until there are no more websites coming up and and hit "Remove all Website Data."  I do this at the end of every day and sometimes I am amazed at how many sites I was on. This does not affect your iPad at all.

Have a safe and healthy holiday.
Please post if you have any questions. If I can help I will. There are others that help us on electronics here also.

Now I will stress getting a new wireless router that sets up on Spectrum easily. My router was bought in 2011. Time to upgrade. Still no problem with it but getting slow. Like having my own router.

Respected Contributor

@MKR14 , I  just did the last step you suggested, so we will see what happens.  Before I went to bed last night, I did check to see if there had been any more software updates, and there was one available.  I downloaded it hoping that it might fix the bug with my iPad.  So far this morning, we have no spinning circle...so far.  lol  Ironically, my husband has had no problem with his Ipad doing the spinning circle thing.  Who knows?  Thanks, again, and good luck with your router choice.  

Respected Contributor

As an update for anyone following this thread, as a last resort, I reset my iPad and that stopped the spinning circle.  But what a PITA!!!!  I had to go back through all my settings and reconfigure them, turn on remember passwords, turn on javascript...ugh...  Next time, I'll just let the circle spin...