Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,380
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think too much is made of differences between ios and the Android systems.  I went from an iPad to a Sansung S2 tab and never looked back.  I really dont see huge differences and still go back and forth between the two with no thought or effort.  I like that many Android systems have an expandable memory.


Agreed. There's nothing hard about Android.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

@gardenman wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think too much is made of differences between ios and the Android systems.  I went from an iPad to a Sansung S2 tab and never looked back.  I really dont see huge differences and still go back and forth between the two with no thought or effort.  I like that many Android systems have an expandable memory.


Agreed. There's nothing hard about Android.


 

 

It’s not difficult, just takes a bit of time and repetition of tasks. Like learning any new software or update, there are differences but it’s all still pretty intuitive.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor
Posts: 860
Registered: ‎10-05-2012

I just did the opposite - purchased my first ipad (arrived yesterday) after having had several android tablets - Nook, Kindle and Samsung. 

 

My Samsung is about 4 years old and the battery is shot - but I read the reviews before I bought it and they  said some had battery issues. The kindle is even older. I still have a Samsung track phone (android) and a windows desktop. 

 

I did seriously consider the Samsung Galaxy S3 which was $130 off at Costco but the negative reviews mentioned that the entire tablet is glass and a bit more fragile.

 

Probably Christmas weekend will be spent transfering my files from Samsung to the ipad. 

 

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Super Contributor
Posts: 416
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Thanks so much for all of your very informative replies. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,380
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Moonchilde wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think too much is made of differences between ios and the Android systems.  I went from an iPad to a Sansung S2 tab and never looked back.  I really dont see huge differences and still go back and forth between the two with no thought or effort.  I like that many Android systems have an expandable memory.


Agreed. There's nothing hard about Android.


 

 

It’s not difficult, just takes a bit of time and repetition of tasks. Like learning any new software or update, there are differences but it’s all still pretty intuitive.


It's kind of funny.  A lot of Apple users seem to think anything Android (or Windows) is impossibly difficult to use, and it's really not. I was in a doctor's office a while back and a woman pulled out her i-Phone to call her daughter, only to find her battery had died. I handed her my LG Tracfone to use and when she saw it wasn't an i-Phone she handed it back and said she didn't know how to use it. I told her to touch the phone icon on the bottom left. The dial then came up. I told her to just enter the number she wanted to call, press the phone icon at the bottom again then talk when the person answered. When she was done I told her how to hang up. She was amazed it was as easy as that. She said afterwards that she thought Android phones were harder to use than that.

 

A whole lot of Apple users have been brainwashed into believing everything Apple is super easy to use and anything using Windows or Android requires one to be a genius to use. The reality is that all three operating systems are remarkably similar and pretty much equally easy to use. You point and click, or look and touch, and stuff happens. There really isn't that much of a difference these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,425
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@gardenman wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think too much is made of differences between ios and the Android systems.  I went from an iPad to a Sansung S2 tab and never looked back.  I really dont see huge differences and still go back and forth between the two with no thought or effort.  I like that many Android systems have an expandable memory.


Agreed. There's nothing hard about Android.


 

 

It’s not difficult, just takes a bit of time and repetition of tasks. Like learning any new software or update, there are differences but it’s all still pretty intuitive.


It's kind of funny.  A lot of Apple users seem to think anything Android (or Windows) is impossibly difficult to use, and it's really not. I was in a doctor's office a while back and a woman pulled out her i-Phone to call her daughter, only to find her battery had died. I handed her my LG Tracfone to use and when she saw it wasn't an i-Phone she handed it back and said she didn't know how to use it. I told her to touch the phone icon on the bottom left. The dial then came up. I told her to just enter the number she wanted to call, press the phone icon at the bottom again then talk when the person answered. When she was done I told her how to hang up. She was amazed it was as easy as that. She said afterwards that she thought Android phones were harder to use than that.

 

A whole lot of Apple users have been brainwashed into believing everything Apple is super easy to use and anything using Windows or Android requires one to be a genius to use. The reality is that all three operating systems are remarkably similar and pretty much equally easy to use. You point and click, or look and touch, and stuff happens. There really isn't that much of a difference these days.


My ordeal trying to upload photos to iCloud and to create a Facebook account in iPhotos was almost enough to make me go back to Windows.  I finally figured out how to get my photos uploaded into folders I created and I'm pleased.  The other issue, no luck.  It's the one issue I have with Apple, not enough control over how your photos are organized and stored. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,060
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I've only had android products, so I can't speak to anything "i" expect iPods.

 

I am getting a new cell phone this week and was looking at the LG V30.  I've had LG and Motorola phones in the past and have liked them. My favorite cell phone of all time was my LG Voyager.

 

My tablets are Fires.

 

 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I've only had android products, so I can't speak to anything "i" expect iPods.

 

I am getting a new cell phone this week and was looking at the LG V30.  I've had LG and Motorola phones in the past and have liked them. My favorite cell phone of all time was my LG Voyager.

 

My tablets are Fires.

 

 


 

@VaBelle35, if you’re a photo and video taker, you’ll love the quality of both on the LG V30. It’s excellent.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,060
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Thanks @Moonchilde  That's good to know.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN