Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon phone call about purchase?

I got one of them once a few years ago - I told him he had the wrong person because I don't have an Amazon account.  He repeated my name, and I said no that's not me. 

Guy just hung up.

I just tell these scammers I haven't a clue what they are talking about and they have the wrong person

Contributor

[ Edited ]

IG Thank you for the number, not one that I already had ✓

Honored Contributor

@Amulet , @SouthernBee 

You're welcome!Heart

Amazon doesn't make that number readily available, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom : Thank you for the Amazon - phone number. I was searching everything on the Amazon site and my account information.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom @Amulet @ALRATIBA @rms1954 @froggy : Just called Amazon and they verified that the do not call or send text messages unless prearranged contacts made with Amazon. Stated to block all unsolicited calls or text. I filled a complaint with the FTC. Truly appreciate everyone taking the time to respond and offering suggestions.

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee

Amazon has an online chat that is another way to contact customer service. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg : Thank you for the information.

Regular Contributor

I know an older man who fell for the amazon scam. The scammer was able to hack his computer stealing information and quickly purchased several large visa gift cards using his information. He had to get assistance to clean up the mess. It took a long time to secure all his accounts ..was a form of identity theft.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I don't text so that's out. Yes, Amazon has called me, but only, when I have called them first. If CS has a lot of calls, they ask if you want to wait, or have them call you back in "X" number of minutes. I leave my phone number if I prefer that option.

They do not call their customers about an order. Since I do not text, they always notify me via email, to update or ask about a specific order.

That has been my many years of experience with Amazon.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

In addition to the scam phone calls, I get scam emails daily from Amazon.  

It's important to talk about these scam calls/texts/emails with everyone you know because folks are still unaware of or inattentive to this fraud/thievery.  An elderly friend of mine recently fell for one of the phone calls from "Microsoft" about a problem with his computer.  His entire bank account and only savings were wiped out.

It seems about daily that I receive these phone calls both on cell and landline. I usually don't answer the call, but if I do, I say nothing and hang up.