Esteemed Contributor

Amazon TV Fire Stick--Need help switching back to regular tv channels

We bought the Fire Stick several months ago and it never seemed to work.  DH unplugged it, or he thought he did, and we never had a problem with the tv.  Today, all of a sudden, up pops Amazon.  We got it to work, but now we cannot watch regular tv.  We need help.  If anyone has the stick and also watches regular tv, please let me know how you did it.  I think we need to be at hdml 4, but all we can get is a 3.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon TV Fire Stick--Need help switching back to regular tv channels

I have that thing sitting on my kitchen counter.  My friend who keeps my house straight picked it up and said if I wasn't using it could she buy it from me.  I give away stuff all of the time.

But I said, "Well, I bought it for the bedroom".  I want to try to set it up but haven't messed with it yet.

Is it difficult to set up?  Don't you just stick it in the TV.  I already belong to Amazon Prime?  Is it difficult?

Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl - check your Input.  We sometimes hit the input key on our remote by accident and change it from the TV to the HDMI choice.  Change it back to whichever input is your cable/satellite and you should be good to go.  Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I set mine up and if I can do it anyone can.  I haven't tried the TV without the stick but I should think you'd just pull the stick out and change the function on the TV from HDMI to TV.  I do that with the TV remote.  It may not be necessary to remove the stick, just Change the function. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks!  I do pretty good these days with figuring these things out.  I just haven't had time to mess with it.

I'm so busy doing zip...nothing...but I'm busy.

Trusted Contributor

I have one and it was easy to set up. The hardest thing was removing the cover of the remote to insert the batteries (use a rubber glove; that did the trick). On my Samsung tv for whatever reason the hdmi port the stick is connected to doesn't display as the same source on the tv remote; so using the remote, try selecting each one until you hit gold. Then it will be the same source each time you use your remote to switch back and forth between streaming and cable. Hope this makes sense. It's an awesome device especially if you're a Prime member.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I had no problem setting it up--just put our wifi password in.  And, DH just moved some cables around for the umpteenth time and the tv is finally working.  He thinks that our tv might be too old for the stick. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!