Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@gardenman, all I have to say is bless you for trying, but I don't think it will do any good.  lol

@SilleeMee, I sideloaded Google Play in order to get more functionality out of my Fire 7.  It wasn't difficult, but it was a bit time-consuming.  After it dies, I won't purchase another Amazon tablet or Android for that matter.  I have both plus an iPad Mini 4, and I would save up for months and months and do without food for the iPad Mini.  lol  If you ever find you can spring for it, do so...you will see why I will never got back to any other operating system.

All I can do is try to educate people. I checked out the free Kindle apps at the Amazon app store (by sorting them low price to high) and there are sixty apps per page and at least twenty pages of free apps for over 1,200 totally free apps. There are probably a lot more, but I got bored after twenty pages. 

You can do the same thing in their digital music store and find hundreds, if not thousands of free songs/albums. The same is true in their digital book store. Saying there aren't enough free apps, music, or books is a bit absurd, but people choose to believe whatever they choose to believe. I don't post lies and anyone is free to look these things up for themselves.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree! I will never order a device from Amazon again. It is a big marketing scheme this tablet being sold so cheap. People do not realize that if they keep this Prime membership it will become more expensive over time. My next tablet will be a Samsung Galaxy or a note. Learned a lesson you get what  you pay for ....Woman Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@gardenman, all I have to say is bless you for trying, but I don't think it will do any good.  lol

@SilleeMee, I sideloaded Google Play in order to get more functionality out of my Fire 7.  It wasn't difficult, but it was a bit time-consuming.  After it dies, I won't purchase another Amazon tablet or Android for that matter.  I have both plus an iPad Mini 4, and I would save up for months and months and do without food for the iPad Mini.  lol  If you ever find you can spring for it, do so...you will see why I will never got back to any other operating system.

All I can do is try to educate people. I checked out the free Kindle apps at the Amazon app store (by sorting them low price to high) and there are sixty apps per page and at least twenty pages of free apps for over 1,200 totally free apps. There are probably a lot more, but I got bored after twenty pages. 

You can do the same thing in their digital music store and find hundreds, if not thousands of free songs/albums. The same is true in their digital book store. Saying there aren't enough free apps, music, or books is a bit absurd, but people choose to believe whatever they choose to believe. I don't post lies and anyone is free to look these things up for themselves.

Your absurd! I checked and almost everything has a price.. and the ones that do not have a price did not interest me in the least. I did not find "hundreds" I wish you would stop posting this nonsence. You like these devices fine. I will stick with my other devices with Google play store, it just occurs to me if they amazon have "hundreds of thousands" of free applications why are people trying to sideload Google play store? The worst part to me is there "free offers" that they shove down your throat every time you open up the tablet they even charge to take that Krap off the tablet. Woman Mad 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

I was very disappointed that Amazon did away with the "underground" which used to be hundreds of free applications .. I loved the option of being able to listen to free music or play free games. Amazon devices have no google store. So you have to be a Prime member and pay 12 dollars a month to be able to access any so called free music, books games so take that in to consideration if you get any Amazon device. I will never order a device from Amazon again....or become a Prime member. If I knew this before I would have ordered any other tablet. No wonder they are so cheap. BUYER BEWARE!Woman Mad I DID NOT KNOW THIS BEFORE I LEFT MY LAST POST HERE!

It's my understanding that Google Play needs to be installed on amazon tablets. They don't come with it, so for me it's not a problem. It's a 4-step installation and simple to do.Woman Happy

Your understanding is wrong it is hacking and this is wrong. And it is not a simple installation according to people in my office who are very techie have done it . Too many headaches they said.Woman Frustrated

No, my understanding is not wrong.  Hacking is a thing people do... right or wrong. It's just what people do. I hack many things to make them work better for me and there's nothing wrong with that.Woman Happy

How would you like it if someone hacked into your devices? Hacking is wrong on so many levels I can not even begin to explain them. And your understanding is very wrong, if you can not see that then your lacking in many ways. Woman Frustrated

From a purely technical standpoint, what's being done here isn't hacking. You're not changing the operating system or software in any way. You're just loading software in a different manner. It's more sideloading than hacking. You're not rewriting the Google Play Store software or the Fire OS. You're using the Fire's OS and it's ability to sideload to allow you to load software from another source to download the necessary files to install and use the Google Playstore. That's it. You won't get support from Amazon for anything sideloaded, and anything you sideload could be suspect and tampered with, so you have to be careful what source you use, but simply sideloading an app is not hacking. 

Whatever! Amazon wants to sell there membership so they will never support goggle play store. The techies advise against this "side loading" or whatever you want to call this. You can ruin the devise if you do not thread carefully.No one would need or want the prime membership if  people were able to load the google playstore. It would defeat there purpose.

The reason Amazon doesn't offer the Google Playstore has nothing to do with Prime and everything to do with selling apps, movies, books, and music. Amazon wants the profit that comes with selling apps, movies, books, and music on their tablets rather than have it go to Google. You can buy apps, movies, books, music on a Fire tablet through the Amazon site, just as you can buy apps, movies, books, music through the Google Playstore. Google does the same thing. You can't add i-Tunes to an Android device. Google doesn't want you buying your music, books, or movies through Apple's i-Tune store. Likewise Apple wants their customers only buying through them and their i-Tunes store.. 

There are three major tablet OS's with Apple (IOS), Google (Android), and Amazon (Fire, a modified version of Android.)  All three of those makers want you buying the stuff for those tablets through their stores and to limit your ability to shop elsewhere. 

In another post you complained that you couldn't get free books, music, etc. through the Amazon Fire, but you can. All you have to do is look for them and you'll find hundreds of free songs, free books, free apps, and more at Amazon.

Does a Prime membership give you more options? Yes. It should. But, and this is a big but, an Amazon Fire tablet without Prime is pretty much exaclty like any other tablet out there with all of the same options. The list of apps is a bit shorter than what's available at Google or Apple, but there are lots of apps for the Fire. 

They charge for almost everything... and you can not compare google with amazon and there prime membership. They even charge to take there so called "free offers" off the tablets when you first turn them on. What do you work for amazon or something? You seem to want to bump up this thread every chance you get. Give it a rest already!!!Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

Your absurd! I checked and almost everything has a price.. and the ones that do not have a price did not interest me in the least. I did not find "hundreds" I wish you would stop posting this nonsence. You like these devices fine. I will stick with my other devices with Google play store, it just occurs to me if they amazon have "hundreds of thousands" of free applications why are people trying to sideload Google play store? The worst part to me is there "free offers" that they shove down your throat every time you open up the tablet they even charge to take that Krap off the tablet. Woman Mad 

Go to Amazon, at the Departments click on the "App store for Android." Click on "All apps and games." Then on the left click on "Kindle Fire Tablet" under the Devices heading. Now at the top right it'll say "Sort by" and "featured" will be highlighted. Use the drop-down to change "featured" to "Price: Low to High." This will bring up the full list of apps that are available for Kindle Fire Tablets from cheapest (free) to most expensive. There are at least twelve hundred free apps listed. I'm not absurd, I'm simply trying to correct misinformation. You need to become better informed and I'm just trying to help.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenmanWoman Mad wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

Go to Amazon, at the Departments click on the "App store for Android." Click on "All apps and games." Then on the left click on "Kindle Fire Tablet" under the Devices heading. Now at the top right it'll say "Sort by" and "featured" will be highlighted. Use the drop-down to change "featured" to "Price: Low to High." This will bring up the full list of apps that are available for Kindle Fire Tablets from cheapest (free) to most expensive. There are at least twelve hundred free apps listed. I'm not absurd, I'm simply trying to correct misinformation. You need to become better informed and I'm just trying to help.

Woman Indifferent OH GOOD GRIEF I DO NOT NEED YOUR HELP .. I RETURNED THE DEVICE.. YOU NEED TO BECOME MORE INFORMED AND PAY BETTER ATTENTION. SO STOP TRYING TO SELL AMAZON TO ME ITS NOT GOING TO WORK, AND I DO NOT NEED YOU TO EDUCATE ME ON ANYTHING.. STOP TALKING DOWN TO ME I DO NOT APPRECIATE IT!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if this Fire 7 tab has the hands-free Alexa summons feature? Or is that only available on the 10-inch Fire?

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Ainhisg

Change is difficult for me, especially since I am so not a techie. But I will say my sister--an iPad owner--loves my Samsung Galaxy View. The screen size is of course impressive, but when playing music videos, my Samsung runs circles around her tinny sounding iPad. 

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Ainhisg

Change is difficult for me, especially since I am so not a techie. But I will say my sister--an iPad owner--loves my Samsung Galaxy View. The screen size is of course impressive, but when playing music videos, my Samsung runs circles around her tinny sounding iPad. 

Samsung makes a good product. It’s wonderful that we can choose which operating system works best for us!