Contributor

i purchased the 8 gb recently, but haven't yet received.  QVC sold for 39.99.  I am going to give to my 6 yr. old grandson.  As with all kids today, he has used his parents tablets and phones and knows his way around electronics pretty well.  Do you think this will be sufficient?

Honored Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

i purchased the 8 gb recently, but haven't yet received.  QVC sold for 39.99.  I am going to give to my 6 yr. old grandson.  As with all kids today, he has used his parents tablets and phones and knows his way around electronics pretty well.  Do you think this will be sufficient?

He might run out of room for apps pretty quickly with just 8 gbs. It's not a huge problem as apps can be deleted when not needed, but more storage is always better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I also bought one of these Fire 7 tablets recently. It's my first ever mobile device so I don't know much about them. I don't know what kind of micro-sd card to buy...size or type?? Maybe someone here can help me with this. I would much appreciate it.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

@lainey1 wrote:

Yes... it is inexpensive and more durable then the Ipad mini. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Fire 7"

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I also bought one of these Fire 7 tablets recently. It's my first ever mobile device so I don't know much about them. I don't know what kind of micro-sd card to buy...size or type?? Maybe someone here can help me with this. I would much appreciate it.Woman Happy

You can ask someone at Amazon there CS is very good and will answer all your questions. Perhaps Amazon sells them? ... My tablet 8 inch fire was stolen so, I did not get the chance to get the micro-sd card for mine as I only had it for about  eight weeks. I re- ordered a kindle in place of the fire only because I wanted a more powerful tablet to read books and listen to all of my music which takes a lot of space. Enjoy your new device they are wonderful tablets. Happy Holidays!Woman Wink

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Fire 7"

[ Edited ]

I was very disappointed that Amazon did away with the "underground" which used to be hundreds of free applications .. I loved the option of being able to listen to free music or play free games. Amazon devices have no google store. So you have to be a Prime member and pay 12 dollars a month to be able to access any so called free music, books games so take that in to consideration if you get any Amazon device. I will never order a device from Amazon again....or become a Prime member. If I knew this before I would have ordered any other tablet. No wonder they are so cheap. BUYER BEWARE!Woman Mad I DID NOT KNOW THIS BEFORE I LEFT MY LAST POST HERE!

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I was very disappointed that Amazon did away with the "underground" which used to be hundreds of free applications .. I loved the option of being able to listen to free music or play free games. Amazon devices have no google store. So you have to be a Prime member and pay 12 dollars a month to be able to access any so called free music, books games so take that in to consideration if you get any Amazon device. I will never order a device from Amazon again....or become a Prime member. If I knew this before I would have ordered any other tablet. No wonder they are so cheap. BUYER BEWARE!Woman Mad I DID NOT KNOW THIS BEFORE I LEFT MY LAST POST HERE!

It's my understanding that Google Play needs to be installed on amazon tablets. They don't come with it, so for me it's not a problem. It's a 4-step installation and simple to do.Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

i guess this will be good choice..

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

It's my understanding that Google Play needs to be installed on amazon tablets. They don't come with it, so for me it's not a problem. It's a 4-step installation and simple to do.Woman Happy

Apps that are in the Google Play Store cannot be installed directly. You have to change the Fire settings to “accept third party apps” and download from various “non-official” sites that are not virus or malware protected. It’s not really difficult, but it might void your warranty. It’s a form of hacking, in a sense. Many people don’t want to do that on their device, especially if they’re not at all tech savvy. The Google Play store is in direct competition with the Amazon App Store and will never be “legally”, i.e. with Amazon’s knowledge and blessing, downloadable.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Your understanding is wrong it is hacking and this is wrong. And it is not a simple installation according to people in my office who are very techie have done it . Too many headaches they said.Woman Frustrated