Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

QVC is offering the latest Amazon Fire 10" 32gb for $119.95 they say the lowest price. That isn't entirely true, you can get it for $99.99 at Amazon, QVC is throwing in a voucher for a case from Caseable. I remember getting a case from Caseable, it was a nightmare, I waited forever for it, it was flimsy and I ended up buying a case anyway. I don't need a case, I have two (the size of the new Fire 10" is the same as the 2017 that I have). For $20 more ($139.99) I can get the 64gb from Amazon. I will wait for tomorrow to see if the price goes down.

Hey Jordan2 The amazon fire 10 inch is now back to the original price of 149 dollars. I looked at that so it will be about 169 and change [with the SD card] still a good deal for a budget tablet that works so well. And you can do so much on. QVC had it yesterday for 119 which was a good  price and it had the color white which was a color I like in a device but, I still will not order a computer device from them. I have Prime so, I will wait myself and see if they will have any sales on the 10 inch and if they will have it in the white color. Happy Holidays to you and your family. 

Honored Contributor

@apple1964  I ordered the tablet from Amazon, I got it for $99. It will either ship or I'll receive it by 12/21. It's a gift for me so I don't care if I get it after the holiday, if I was gifting it I probably would have bought it from QVC, I wouldn't want to take a chance of not getting the tablet in time. I guess I have time to cancel my order if a better price is offered by Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@apple1964  I ordered the tablet from Amazon, I got it for $99. It will either ship or I'll receive it by 12/21. It's a gift for me so I don't care if I get it after the holiday, if I was gifting it I probably would have bought it from QVC, I wouldn't want to take a chance of not getting the tablet in time. I guess I have time to cancel my order if a better price is offered by Amazon.

Good for you! What a good deal! Happy Xmas to you and yours.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Fire 10" TSV

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@Jordan2 :  The internal memory isn't all that important because the Fire 10 accommodates a micro SD card ( when I get my new Fire 10 I'll buy the biggest chip it will accomodate.  The price of chips has come way down and Amazon has many on sale right now!

I'm not a techie I know where the SD card goes, however I don't know how to use it. I also read the memory that is installed on the device itself is better than an SD card.

I brought the SD card for my fire 7 inch. Very easy to put it inl [it installs itself] and I have the 34 GB. It cost me eight dollars and 56 cents black Friday sale. Amazon is running  a no shipping and handling sale until Monday. I believe it went on for a few weeks now if anyone is interested. I also got the charging dock for my 7 inch on sale for 40 dollars. So  I will see how that works. it got very good reviews on faster charging. 

Esteemed Contributor

The "casable" case is no bargain. It does not protect the device and it is flimsy and my family member who had that said she rather see the price go down to 100 dollars then get that useless case from QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I highly recommend the "Poetic'case fits the fire 7 and the 8 perfectly. Made of good strong fabric. It has a good sturdy stand and a wake feature for when you open and close the tablet. I brought them for the tablets I got my family for Xmas. Very excellent reviews and its on sale. I believe it comes in a few colors. I ordered the black for all the tablets. Happy Holidays to all!

Contributor

Re: Amazon Fire 10" TSV

[ Edited ]

I just installed the Fintie case with the keyboard .($27.99)  Beautiful case, detachable keyboard, but the Fire is now pretty heavy, really heavy.  And I'm afraid to keep the keyboard attached as it looks like it will scratch the tablet.  I'm getting a tempered glass screen protector.  I also bought a MicroSD card 128g.  Why?  I don't know.  I will never use that much space.   I really question whether I should have just purchased a new iPad instead.   My Air still works, just kinda slow and it has upgraded now as far as it can.  

I'm so used to my Logitech keyboard with the iPad, but yes, it is heavy too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@Jordan2 :  The internal memory isn't all that important because the Fire 10 accommodates a micro SD card ( when I get my new Fire 10 I'll buy the biggest chip it will accomodate.  The price of chips has come way down and Amazon has many on sale right now!

Yes, I just got a SD card for my 7 inch tablet. I was wondering about the 10 inch if it will be too heavy too carry around to work for me to read my books on the way home. But, I am interested in a bigger screen. Hope you do a update on how you like it. Have a nice day!

@apple1964

It weights 17.7 Oz-(500) g .The total weight would depend on the case you select. I haven't opened mine yet tablet yet, 

You may want to read reviews and a post a question. Amazon  will ask reviewers to comment. 

Ah yes, they do have a community there. Thanks for reminding me. again Happy Xmas to you!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Is anyone taking out a contract for this? I hate to waste my money, I usually don't take out a contract on an item that doesn't cost much.

I always take out warranties for all my devices... Fires are cheap but, they are not throw aways. We will get updates on them. I would think?