Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Email Said They No Longer Will Store Music

@dancingwoman wrote:

Here is what the email said that I got from Amazon.....DW

Amazon Music is retiring the Music Storage service, which allows customers to upload and store up to 250 songs in a personal cloud library. Our records indicate you have uploaded one or more songs through your Amazon account in the past.

To keep, download, and play your uploaded songs at no extra cost, simply open a web browser, go to your Music Settings and click the “Keep my songs” button to direct us to save your music to the cloud. Otherwise your uploaded songs will be removed from your library on April 30, 2018.

Your Amazon Music digital purchases will continue to remain securely stored for playback and download -- no further action is required to retain those. These changes will not impact your ability to stream Prime Music or Amazon Music Unlimited.

So I'm not tech savvy and don't understand this. I buy cds from Amazon and they show up in my music library .I have also gotten some free songs with my Prime account. So does this really effect me?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon Email Said They No Longer Will Store Music

[ Edited ]

I just found out today, when I launched my Amazon Music App to upload a song, that the service for uploading my songs would be discontinued.  Oh my!  I have over 5,000 songs on Amazon that are both Amazon purchases and from outside sources.  I was intially in panic mode until I read this part "To play or download your previously uploaded songs after your subscription expires, go to Your Amazon Music Settings and select 'Keep my songs.' This needs to be done before your subscription expires."  Luckily my subscription expires at the end of this year and I did select for them to keep my songs.  As I continued to read on, it became clear that they are only discontinuing my ability to upload my songs that are from other sources, so all is well.  I am very pleased they gave the option to keep my previously uploaded songs, but as a precaution, I will download my songs to another location or drive.