Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo Show 8. Do you like yours? Any tips?

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Mindy D

I just own a regular Echo. Amazon should have help for the Show8  on its website. 

You can look for that in settings in your Alexa app. On your phone or fire tablet if you have one of those.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Show. I use it for Amazon Music and videos while I'm working.

Respected Contributor

We received the Amazon Echo Show today in the white and it is awesome. My husband had me order another white one just now while it is still on sale.

I have two Amazon Echos tall ones so I am giving one to my daughter. She has a Echo Dot so she will love the larger Echo.

The sound is beautiful in the Show and the screen has great clarity and color. There is a swipe down for Brightness and Settings. Also a right swipe in for Music, Video etc. So easy to set-up. I did unregistered the Echo I gave my daughter so she can register the one I am giving her. You have to sign in Amazon to do so. 
Hope this helps you if you have never had an Echo Show.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

We received the Amazon Echo Show today in the white and it is awesome. My husband had me order another white one just now while it is still on sale.

I have two Amazon Echos tall ones so I am giving one to my daughter. She has a Echo Dot so she will love the larger Echo.

The sound is beautiful in the Show and the screen has great clarity and color. There is a swipe down for Brightness and Settings. Also a right swipe in for Music, Video etc. So easy to set-up. I did unregistered the Echo I gave my daughter so she can register the one I am giving her. You have to sign in Amazon to do so. 
Hope this helps you if you have never had an Echo Show.

I have two Echos and really like them.  I did order the white Echo Show.  I'm glad it's easy to set up.  I read where people were complaining about ads poping up.  Do you have that issue?

Respected Contributor

On the main screen with the weather and time there is not any. They don't pop up on that screen. There is one small writing of a hint on asking Alexa things you can try but it stayed the same during the whole song screen I just put on.

Truthfully I hardly paid attention to. If I see how to get rid of it I will post back here soon. I tried one hint but it didn't work.

If you are playing music on Pandora and want to exit, Just say Alexa stop, and tell her to go Home or you can swipe down on the top screen and hit Home. There is drop down when swiping down and if you swipe right to left on the screen and you get more settings. There are also main settings on the right side of the top swipe down screen.