Honored Contributor

Amazon Echo Show 8. Do you like yours? Any tips?

[ Edited ]

I just ordered the Amazon Echo Show 8. If you have one of these; do you like it? Do you have any tips?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo Show 8. Do you like yours? Any tips?

Watch in awe when the grandkids tell things to happen.  Not there yet but a cousin almost has me sold on the music aspect.  Baby steps.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Watch in awe when the grandkids tell things to happen.  Not there yet but a cousin almost has me sold on the music aspect.  Baby steps.

Q has the 8 model for $89 for a few days with free s&H. Amazon sells it for $130 right now. It's an Alexa with a screen. Handy gadget. Can be used with a video doorbell...when we finally get one. It has a ton of functions. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love mine. A bought a 2nd one to have on my desk at work.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I love mine. A bought a 2nd one to have on my desk at work.

@Goldengate8361 Can it link a grocery shopping list with a cell phone? In other words, when you put together a showing list on it orally, while at home, will you be able to see this list on a cell phone if you link your phone to the Alexa in some way?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D yes....you can see the list from the Alexa app on your phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D

I just own a regular Echo. Amazon should have help for the Show8  on its website. 

Super Contributor

I have 2 Echo 5s and 2 Echo Dots. They are used all the time. A 5 is in the kitchen and the other in my room upstairs. My BF often calls me from the kitchen and we can see each other. I might buy another Dot, but the price keeps going up. I'd like one in my bathroom, so I can play my Serius XM radio.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been looking at them the past week and when I saw QVC had them on sale AND the newest November 2019 model I knew it was the newest one I wanted to wait for. The version before this was the Echo 2nd gen per the questions answered under the listing.
I have two of the larger Echos in white that are the I love. This will be nice with the screen.

I have never had one problem with mine and I have had them several years. Easy to set up also.

Best price I found. If I want another swivel stand for it I will buy it at a later date.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I did not order it. I  ordered instead the Lenovo M10 tablet which came with a alexa  charging dock that can be a show mode. My husband has a 8 inch fire and a it can change into a show mode now. We have  enough Alexa devices so we did not need anymore.  I got it all for 99 dollars on sale from amazon.