Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazion fire 7inch tablet....5th generation.

I  want to LOL. Amazon is  not in the tablet business any more. They are in the  AI business now.  Echo products and the content support it is a major cash cow.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazion.com has very good CS I e-mailed them a issue and they e-mailed back very quickly with the solution. QVC CS can take a lesson from them.Woman LOL

Occasional Contributor

Trying to find an answer to my question and can't find it. Thought u might know since u love yours. Just got mine and ended up having to update it right away or else Alexa would not be there. Seemed strange since it is new. But...question is...the keyboard does not include a microphone. I use that a lot for dictating my emails and such. Am I correct that this one is missing that? Might have to go back if so. Thanks for any help. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarRI have the 8" and mine didn't come with a mic. for texting.   I downloaded Fancy Keyboard that does have a mic.  It is a free app and works very nice!

Respected Contributor

@mima wrote:

@MarRI have the 8" and mine didn't come with a mic. for texting.   I downloaded Fancy Keyboard that does have a mic.  It is a free app and works very nice!

@mima, I looked in the Amazon App store, and the only app name I could find similar to this was FancyKey Keyboard.  Is that the one you downloaded?  There is a Fancy Keyboard in Google Play (which I have sideloaded on my tablet), so I could get that one if that is the one you are using.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@mima wrote:

@mima, I looked in the Amazon App store, and the only app name I could find similar to this was FancyKey Keyboard.  Is that the one you downloaded?  There is a Fancy Keyboard in Google Play (which I have sideloaded on my tablet), so I could get that one if that is the one you are using.  Thank you!

@Ainhisg  The FancyKey Keyboard is it!  It is free from the Playstore.  It works great.  It understands you really well.  One thing...mine was set so that when it was opened it would automatically start typing whatever was said.  I didn't like that because if the TV was on, it would start typing what it heard on TV.  I turned that feature off so that I actually have to touch the mic to start dictating.  Just wanted to give you a little tip.  It understands perfectly!  Hope that helps.

EDIT:  @MarR @Ainhisg I made a boo boo. I said I got FancyKey Keyboard from Playstore. I have an Android and I'm used to saying/seeing "Playstore".  I actually got it from the Amazon App store.  I hope I didn't mess anyone up by my boo boo. Sorry!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MarR wrote:

Trying to find an answer to my question and can't find it. Thought u might know since u love yours. Just got mine and ended up having to update it right away or else Alexa would not be there. Seemed strange since it is new. But...question is...the keyboard does not include a microphone. I use that a lot for dictating my emails and such. Am I correct that this one is missing that? Might have to go back if so. Thanks for any help. 

I have other devices that I use my key board for so I never noticed if it has a microphone or not. I did not have to update Alexa it was there waiting for me as I was setting up my fire. I am all good! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Jenni_Mommy wrote:

I !ove this tablet!!! Got the 2 pack from the other channel as their today's special and gave the other one to my 4 year old for Christmas. Love that I canput it on a kids only mode and he can't buy any apps or go my Facebook Smiley Happy gives me a piece of mind and that it has dropped a few times on our hardwood floor and still no cracks Smiley Happy

I ordered mine  from Amazon.com I never order ELECTRONICS from QVC or HSN. Glad you love yours.

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

I  want to LOL. Amazon is  not in the tablet business any more. They are in the  AI business now.  Echo products and the content support it is a major cash cow.

Wow where did you get that from? They will always be i the tablet business. They just had a new release in the fall

Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Wow where did you get that from? They will always be i the tablet business. They just had a new release in the fall

Please check and see where Amazon is making most of it's money. ALEXA.