Honored Contributor

Re: Amazion fire 7inch tablet....5th generation.

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

I am probably one of the few that does NOT know how the tablets like this work!  Do you have to have wi-fi in your house?  Don't laugh at me - I have a smartphone and a desk computer, but have never "delved" into these little tablets!  Thanks for any help!!!

I had a similar question.  The OP said the tablet had built in Wi-Fi.  I thought that meant you didn't need to be in a Wi-Fi zone.  I have a cheap TracFone smart phone that does not need a Wi-Fi zone in order to use the internet.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

I am probably one of the few that does NOT know how the tablets like this work!  Do you have to have wi-fi in your house?  Don't laugh at me - I have a smartphone and a desk computer, but have never "delved" into these little tablets!  Thanks for any help!!!

I had a similar question.  The OP said the tablet had built in Wi-Fi.  I thought that meant you didn't need to be in a Wi-Fi zone.  I have a cheap TracFone smart phone that does not need a Wi-Fi zone in order to use the internet.

You have to have wi-fi in your home or in a business.  This tablet does not include data like through a phone company.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

You can buy an iPad or a Samsung tablet from a wireless company like Verizon, Sprint, ATT, or T-Mobile. You would have to buy data plan to use the tablet.