Respected Contributor

AirPods? Are they worth the money?

Does anyone own these? Are they worth the money? Please leave your reviews or if you have other ear buds of this type, let me know. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AirPods? Are they worth the money?

Air Pods are worth the $. Air Pods only run with Apple devices. I use Samsung phones.

You may want to look at YouTube video reviews. Amazon sells the latest Pods at a discount. You will find customer reviewa and FAQ. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefan wrote:

Does anyone own these? Are they worth the money? Please leave your reviews or if you have other ear buds of this type, let me know. 

I cannot use the "normal" AidPods because she shape and size of the default pods always hurts my ears. The AirPods Pros would be usable for me, but there's no way I'm spending $250 on earbuds, especially when I'm likely to lose one or both.

I bought some Soundcore Liberty Air 2 earbuds, which work well with my iPhone. They were on sale for $89 on Black Friday. I also got a promotional deal on Amazon Echo Buds on sale for $85 and picked those up, too. Now that I've been working at home, I'm so glad I have them because I've been using them both for conference calls at home.

They each have their pros and cons, but I'm happy with both. Last week I lost one set and used the other until I found the first set, so having two pairs has paid off for me.

Honored Contributor

I  love apple stuff, but didn't want to spend that much on ear buds, however the shape of Apple earbuds is perfect for me

I found a generic what I call FauxPods for $20 that do the job. granted they don't sense my phone immediately but they work for me 

had tried other wireless earbuds but their shape was uncomfortable for my ears.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

Air Pods are worth the $. Air Pods only run with Apple devices. I use Samsung phones.

You may want to look at YouTube video reviews. Amazon sells the latest Pods at a discount. You will find customer reviewa and FAQ. 

I think they work on any BT enabled device 

Respected Contributor

Got my daughter AirPods last Christmas.  She likes them a lot.  I didn't get the AirPod Pro, she didn't want the more expensive ones (yipee!).  My daughter uses them all the time.  I believe if you get them from the Apple store directly, they'll engrave them for you.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOVE Mine!! Great sound!

I listen to music with them and you also get great sound on conversations I would highly recommend!

Esteemed Contributor

Good question; I've wondered the same thing. I am almost sure, however, that I'd lose one--and so I went to Amazon and ordered great ones that are not anywhere near that expensive. Also, most earbuds don't fit my ears well. Most are too large to be comfortable and certainly to actually stay in my ear.

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I cannot use the "normal" AidPods because she shape and size of the default pods always hurts my ears. The AirPods Pros would be usable for me, but there's no way I'm spending $250 on earbuds, especially when I'm likely to lose one or both.

I bought some Soundcore Liberty Air 2 earbuds, which work well with my iPhone. They were on sale for $89 on Black Friday. I also got a promotional deal on Amazon Echo Buds on sale for $85 and picked those up, too. Now that I've been working at home, I'm so glad I have them because I've been using them both for conference calls at home.

They each have their pros and cons, but I'm happy with both. Last week I lost one set and used the other until I found the first set, so having two pairs has paid off for me.

Thank you all for your input. I had to run in to Walmart to get a few much needed items. I went back to the electronics dept and bought the Soundcore Life Not pair. They were $50. I did not browse long and the young man said he owned them and liked them. He said, “mama if you don’t like them you can bring them back, but I think you will like them.” He kept his distance and was very informative about these. He said they came with 5 different size ear pieces, and said they worked well. He was very nice and knowledgeable and honestly he sold me on these. 

I don’t need these for work, but just more for convenience. Again thank you! 

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Good question; I've wondered the same thing. I am almost sure, however, that I'd lose one--and so I went to Amazon and ordered great ones that are not anywhere near that expensive. Also, most earbuds don't fit my ears well. Most are too large to be comfortable and certainly to actually stay in my ear.

Thank you for your response because I am gonna buy another less expensive pair to use when we ride motorcycle. I don’t want to pay a lot for those because anything can happen on a motorcycle. I can see me dropping one or one falling out of my ear. 🤪