Esteemed Contributor

Re: Advice on new Tracfone, best camera

@SandGirl 

We bought 2 Tracfones from HSN a couple months ago. My wife uses her Samsung Galaxy S10 for her primary phone, TF is her backup phone.

They are both Samsung Ao2s Android phones. This phone has 3 cameras with the primary one being 13mp, front is 5mp. My wife took the same pictures with her S10 and the Ao2s and they were both very good pictures. She also took videos with pretty much the same results.

She takes a lot of pictures with her S10 and they look great to me. I seldom use my cell phone, and it is very rare for me to use a camera. Can't remember turning it on since it was set up, other than making sure the phone worked.

They were on sale when we bought then at $59.99 delivered. Cheapest Tracfone I have bought and have been using TF since they first came out. 

If you want all the Stats on the phone you can find them online or probably at HSN.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: Advice on new Tracfone, best camera

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@SandGirl 

We bought 2 Tracfones from HSN a couple months ago. My wife uses her Samsung Galaxy S10 for her primary phone, TF is her backup phone.

They are both Samsung Ao2s Android phones. This phone has 3 cameras with the primary one being 13mp, front is 5mp. My wife took the same pictures with her S10 and the Ao2s and they were both very good pictures. She also took videos with pretty much the same results.

She takes a lot of pictures with her S10 and they look great to me. I seldom use my cell phone, and it is very rare for me to use a camera. Can't remember turning it on since it was set up, other than making sure the phone worked.

They were on sale when we bought then at $59.99 delivered. Cheapest Tracfone I have bought and have been using TF since they first came out. 

If you want all the Stats on the phone you can find them online or probably at HSN.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   Thank you so much for all the great info. I truly appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Advise on new Tracfone, best camera

@SandGirl 

In the packaging with your new phone (assuming you bought it through QVC/HSN) should be an activation card with a phone number exclusive to the home shopping channels. For whatever reason, I've never had an issue using that number to activate a phone. I've had issues trying to do it online or through a rep, but that phone number included in the home shopping channel phones has never failed me. Then simply logging into Google lets me transfer all my stuff over and I'm good to go. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I'll just second what @Ainhisg said. The Motorola Moto G Stylus is a great phone. 128 GBs of memory, really good cameras, good (not great) battery life, and a very nice screen. At its current $129.96 (on sale) it's a great buy. And don't forget, that includes a full year's service so for $10.83 a month ($129.96 divided by twelve months) you're getting a great, do-it-all phone. I've been seriously considering buying it again as a spare phone at that price. 

@gardenman , if you are still thinking about buying a second one, HSN is selling this very phone for $99.99 right now. I don't know how long it will be on sale but that's a fantastic price. And if you got the customer appreciation coupon from them giving $10 off $50 or more, including electronics (which they often exclude), that will take it down to $89.99. I just ordered 2 last night at that price. I'm currently using a Motor G Power and love it but recently had to add service days because my year is up. I've been waiting for the Moto G Stylus to go on sale, missed the Q sale but so glad I did. I'm glad to hear that both you and @Ainhisg love this phone. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I'll just second what @Ainhisg said. The Motorola Moto G Stylus is a great phone. 128 GBs of memory, really good cameras, good (not great) battery life, and a very nice screen. At its current $129.96 (on sale) it's a great buy. And don't forget, that includes a full year's service so for $10.83 a month ($129.96 divided by twelve months) you're getting a great, do-it-all phone. I've been seriously considering buying it again as a spare phone at that price. 

@gardenman , if you are still thinking about buying a second one, HSN is selling this very phone for $99.99 right now. I don't know how long it will be on sale but that's a fantastic price. And if you got the customer appreciation coupon from them giving $10 off $50 or more, including electronics (which they often exclude), that will take it down to $89.99. I just ordered 2 last night at that price. I'm currently using a Motor G Power and love it but recently had to add service days because my year is up. I've been waiting for the Moto G Stylus to go on sale, missed the Q sale but so glad I did. I'm glad to hear that both you and @Ainhisg love this phone. 

Very, very tempting. Too tempting in fact. I got one. It'll stretch the budget a bit as I'm getting new tires for my car on Tuesday ($542 worth) but that phone does all I need, and I get an extra year of service from it (through 9/23/2023) so for $106.60 (after taxes, Edge tried four coupons and none worked) it's too good of a deal to pass up. It ends up being $8.88 per month for a full year's use of a phone with 128 GBs of storage. Kind of hard to beat that. And my old one will become my spare phone should anything go wrong with the newer one. Thanks for the heads up! I went through my deleted HSN emails and sadly, I hadn't gotten the discount this time around. Still, I can't complain too much at that price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Qgirl26 THANK YOU  I called QVC since my phone is due to deliver tomorrow, she said they can't  price match which is odd but told me I can return it at no shipping cost and purchase the phone cheaper from HSN. It's still 30.00 savings so I'm going to do it. I do not have a 10.00 off code, where do I find that?

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Qgirl26 THANK YOU  I called QVC since my phone is due to deliver tomorrow, she said they can't  price match which is odd but told me I can return it at no shipping cost and purchase the phone cheaper from HSN. It's still 30.00 savings so I'm going to do it. I do not have a 10.00 off code, where do I find that?

@SandGirl, glad I could help! I got this coupon in the mail and unfortunately, it's one of those that is only for certain recipients, otherwise I would gladly share the code. I'm so sorry!

Valued Contributor

@gardenman, you are very welcome! I'm glad I was able to help.

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@gardenman, you are very welcome! I'm glad I was able to help.

It's a very good phone and one that doesn't get marked down very often. When I bought mine last June it was marked down to $179 and I didn't see it at even that price again. When the Q marked it down to $129 I was tempted but held off. At $99 it's too good to pass up. Just a year's service would cost me another $60, so I get the full year's service, more minutes, texts, and data, and a brand new version of the phone for $40 more than I'd pay for just extending the service for another year. I don't have to even think about a new phone or adding service until September 2023 now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

@gardenman, you are well ahead of the game! I just added time to my current Moto phone because I'm a bargain shopper and knew I wanted this phone, but I wanted it on sale. (I'm a cheapie, which is why I use Tracfone.)  And then I saw that someone said it was $129 here on QVC so I looked it up and it wasn't listed so I figured it was sold out. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got an alert from HSN and saw $99.99 price tag because it had been marked at $199.99 just the day before! I think I nearly had a heart attack, lol.  I had been watching the guide to see if either channel was going to have a Today's special Tracfone but I knew the chances of it being Motorola would not be good. And I had no desire to go back to the phones with so much less memory.

I think they lowered the prices because HSN now has the Moto G Stylus 5G. I'm sure that's a great phone too but I'm happy to get this one.