Honored Contributor

Re: ATT&T Phone Land Line - I Wanted My # Changed

wrote:

wrote:

I don't know what is the big deal on getting a new #....They are always a bit hard to work with so I try to avoid them.

I called them earlier today and waited until a gal came on and I told her I wanted a new, unlisted # - She said they did not have any....and she'd call another department........then again came back  said that dept. did not have any #'s and they'd try another dept......What the heck?

Then of course while I was on the phone w/ her for so long, my phone went dead........I have to wait until Monday now and start over.

I've never had any problem getting a new number. My bill's are paid automatically. Does this seem odd to you ?

(I use a landline as it locates me for an emergency.)  

I hate to tell you this but, I new unlisted number will not stop ROBO calls.  ROBO calls are computer generated and not based on what is listed in the phone book.  Anyone who gets upset about ROBO calls should read your posts and ask themself if it's worth going through this or is it better to just ignore them or hang up. 

Now if someone is getting harassing phone calls from someone they know, call the police and file a complaint. 

@glb613 . That's for sure. I'm surprised everyone doesn't know this.

Respected Contributor

My point was how messed up things are ie: 98 departments that pass customers around, closed on weekends, not user friendly, don't have an IQ over 8.......imo.........etc... Woman Frustrated

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I hate to tell you this but, I new unlisted number will not stop ROBO calls.  ROBO calls are computer generated and not based on what is listed in the phone book.  Anyone who gets upset about ROBO calls should read your posts and ask themself if it's worth going through this or is it better to just ignore them or hang up. 

Now if someone is getting harassing phone calls from someone they know, call the police and file a complaint. 

@glb613 . That's for sure. I'm surprised everyone doesn't know this.

I also don't understand why people get so upset.  Are ROBO calls annoying?  Yes but, all you have to do is hang up or ignore the call. 

Not only are the calls computer generated, they use multiple numbers to make the calls.  Blocking a number won't stop the next call from a different number.  We all know the "do not call list" doesn't work. 

ROBO calls are not going to stop and I find it's best to not let it bother me.