Regular Contributor

Whatever you do --do NOT buy this piece of junk laptop.  It worked for 17 DAYS, that's right---DAYS. I could NOT reach ASUS for a real person to help. I called QVC CS because the laptop malfunctioned as we were downloading Office. I asked CS, if I was out of that money too?  Why, yes, yes, I am. I should not have downloaded it.  Hmmm. It's a pretty expensive tablet then.  I did return it to QVC, so out of shipping as well.  The keyboard issue that has plagued other buyers happened to me.  If this is a common problem, there should have been a recall. 

Been a customer for 18 years and honestly, I don't know if I will buy anything from them again.  I will definitely not buy any electronics ever again.  Save yourself some time and money and do NOT buy this. 

I don't usually write bad reviews but this was an expensive "try me" price for a laptop so I thought it would serve as a fair warning to others.  On a positive note CS, is really, really sorry. LOL.

Honored Contributor

Re: ASUS Laptop-E229535

[ Edited ]

@Forbidden Fruit  You do not pay return shipping when you receive a defective product.  You need to make a notation on your return package that it's defective.  Call CS as well to tell them to make a notation not to charge you the return shipping.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Forbidden Fruit wrote:

Whatever you do --do NOT buy this piece of junk laptop.  It worked for 17 DAYS, that's right---DAYS. I could NOT reach ASUS for a real person to help. I called QVC CS because the laptop malfunctioned as we were downloading Office. I asked CS, if I was out of that money too?  Why, yes, yes, I am. I should not have downloaded it.  Hmmm. It's a pretty expensive tablet then.  I did return it to QVC, so out of shipping as well.  The keyboard issue that has plagued other buyers happened to me.  If this is a common problem, there should have been a recall. 

Been a customer for 18 years and honestly, I don't know if I will buy anything from them again.  I will definitely not buy any electronics ever again.  Save yourself some time and money and do NOT buy this. 

I don't usually write bad reviews but this was an expensive "try me" price for a laptop so I thought it would serve as a fair warning to others.  On a positive note CS, is really, really sorry. LOL.

If there's a defect in the item the shipping (return as well as initial) should be on QVC - call back and talk to a supervisor.

The reivews posted on Q for this laptop are terrible! It's a shame because ASUS makes a great product, this must have been a bad lot of merchandise.

I rarely buy electronics from shopping channels. I remember at times they'd sell merchandise that was the last quantity of a not-so-current model. They throw in  'tech support' at an inflated cost in the 'if purchased seperately' breakdown to boost up the retail value. The  'tech support' amounts to someone telling you which button to push for this and that for pretty basic functions. You can google the web for that information!

Honored Contributor

I looked at this, out of curiosity.  They say right in the description all that is there.     If it had that program, it would have said so in the description.

Secondly, I wonder about the processor on this one.  I have never even heard of that processor.

I tend to go with Intel for processors and their i7 is monumentally better than even their i5.   But the brandof processor on this computer - is that something generic?

Regular Contributor

@Nicknack: Thank you for your suggestion.  Appreciate it.

Regular Contributor

@chickenbutt: Yes, I knew it did not come with Office installed; hence, why we downloaded it (and paid for it).  I'm usually a careful shopper, I only had to return a few items in the past 18 years. You brought up a good point about the processor.  I will pay more attention to the type of processor going forward.  We bought this brand because my son has an ASUS laptop (not this model) and it works rather well. We had to download Office on that as well--no problem.Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate your input. 

Regular Contributor

@Ibby114: My son has a ASUS laptop (not this model) and it has worked well. Also the IT guys at work recommended this brand to me as well.  I won't lie to you, it stings a little. We gave this laptop to our daughter for a late HS graduation gift so she is bummed as well. Thank you for your response.

Honored Contributor

Hi again!   Ugh, I'm in windows update he-double-L today with my older computers and about to throw them off the top of my house and run over them with my car.

Anyway, I've always heard that ASUS is a good brand and, in fact, I recently ordered a new one from Amazon.  It cost less than yours and has the i7 processor that I like, too, so that was nice.   Couldn't pass the deal.  *sigh*  Like I need another computer.  hehe

Anyway, I hope you find the perfect thing.   My new one arrives in a couple of days and it will be my first foray into Win10, so that's a little daunting.  Smiley Happy)

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I looked at this, out of curiosity.  They say right in the description all that is there.     If it had that program, it would have said so in the description.

Secondly, I wonder about the processor on this one.  I have never even heard of that processor.

I tend to go with Intel for processors and their i7 is monumentally better than even their i5.   But the brandof processor on this computer - is that something generic?

This is an old processor from 2014. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Pentium-N3540-Notebook-Processor.117416.0.html

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ASUS Laptop-E229535

[ Edited ]

@Forbidden Fruit wrote:

@Ibby114: My son has a ASUS laptop (not this model) and it has worked well. Also the IT guys at work recommended this brand to me as well.  I won't lie to you, it stings a little. We gave this laptop to our daughter for a late HS graduation gift so she is bummed as well. Thank you for your response.

Asus will be selling this laptop on their site soon.

ASUS F556UA-EB71 

The technology in this laptop looks great.