Occasional Contributor

AMD A10 quad core 8 GB RAM 1T with printer

You usually seem to know what you talking about, and I really don't want to offend you but I have one question for you. Did did you just not know or were you lying through your teeth when you said this computer was fast ? The truth is my old computer is faster than this, even my tablet is faster than this. It is total junk, it freezes up all the time and I'm sitting here with my mouse clicking away while nothing's happening. I thought you were a better HP advisor than this, so maybe I'll listen to you in the future and maybe I won't. One thing for sure is that I'm going to stick with Intel processors, they work !!!
Respected Contributor

Re: AMD A10 quad core 8 GB RAM 1T with printer

Beware of first time posters complaining about a device.

Occasional Contributor

While it is my first posting, which only proves that I'm not on here all the time complaining about something - I am NOT new to QVC or HP. Everything I posted was the absolute truth so if you think you need to beware of what I say that 's up to you ! I 'm just very tired of all the bragging that company reps do saying a productis the latest and greatest and how well it will perform and when I get home, it doesn't work at all like they said it would. I make no apology for my statements - you can take them for what they're worth.
Super Contributor

On 1/6/2014 glb613 said:

Beware of first time posters complaining about a device.

ITA. I've seen a lot of them lately.

Respected Contributor

On 1/6/2014 Jomay7 said: While it is my first posting, which only proves that I'm not on here all the time complaining about something - I am NOT new to QVC or HP. Everything I posted was the absolute truth so if you think you need to beware of what I say that 's up to you ! I 'm just very tired of all the bragging that company reps do saying a productis the latest and greatest and how well it will perform and when I get home, it doesn't work at all like they said it would. I make no apology for my statements - you can take them for what they're worth.

There are a lot of trolls on this board. Very often they start a thread similar to yours to get a reaction or start a fight. I had a HP AMD quad core notebook computer and it was fast and reliable. I recently sold it and the new owner is thrilled.

There are a lot of reasons for a slow computer. Get into msconfig, startup and uncheck everything but your touchpad and security software. Restart, get rid of the nag screen and see if it runs better. Programs put an entry into the startup group during installation. They start when the computer starts, draining resources and slowing the computer down.

If that doesn't work, return it.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you ! I'll try that but will that's cause it to freeze up on the Internet Explorer also? When I try to surf the web, it keeps stopping and a sign comes up that says Internet Explorer has stopped working. I'm not trying to cause trouble I'm just frustrated! I mean its brand new it should work better than this.
Respected Contributor

I no longer own a Windows computer so I have no way to check out IE. When I did have a HP computer, I used Firefox. In fact, I use Firefox with my Macs. I'd suggest you check your internet speed, download and install a different browser. Do a Google search for Firefox and Chrome for the download.

Speed test

Occasional Contributor

I have other computers that work fine on the internet speed that I have so that's why I'm so stumped as to what's wrong. What is this nag screen that you're talking about and how do I get to it?
Occasional Contributor

yeah I have Firefox on a different computer but I only use it for a backup browser the original works fine and that is internet explorer. I went into msconfig and unchecked everything you said - it runs somewhat better but the Explorer still freezes up it could just be defective or needs reinstalled you think? I'm glad I finally found someone to talk to about this thank you
Respected Contributor

Did you do the speed test? I really think you would be better off using a different browser.