Honored Contributor

Re: A new iPhone WILL be mine

@violann

The X tempts me a bit but my iPhone 6 is still in perfect condition and does everything I need it to so I will most likely not be buying this year.

Honored Contributor

I think I'm passing on the X also, still have a month before preorders for it to decide anyway. My 6+ works fine, although I do love many of the new features the X has. 

I preordered a black stainless steel watch 3 with cellular yesterday.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

When the phone did not recognize the face, it had been restarted & required a code before proceeding. It was operating just as it was supposed to. It wasn't a fail. That's what I heard anyway.

Hubby paid extra on our bill & surprised me with whatever phone I want to order. Love that man. ❤️Will probably go for the x because of the face recognition. Wish it came in rose gold though. Only black & silver. Excited shopper am I. 😊
Honored Contributor

@Renata22 I know I was disappointed that they dropped rose gold across the board, it's not available in the Watch 3 either. Although it made my decision a little bit easier since it was out of the running. 

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:
When the phone did not recognize the face, it had been restarted & required a code before proceeding. It was operating just as it was supposed to. It wasn't a fail. That's what I heard anyway.

As an Apple Shareholder, that 'gaff' or 'unrehearsed slip',

metaphorically costs me $$. Stock price still hasn't made a

solid recovery since the 9/12 launch.

It's a beautiful product; just sloppy in presentation. 

Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom They do have the rose gold in the 8. Wish they would've included the x.  But I figured I could get a pretty case and fix that. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom You reminded me I'm a shareholder too. Hmmm

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Renata22 wrote:

@jaxs mom They do have the rose gold in the 8. Wish they would've included the x.  But I figured I could get a pretty case and fix that. Smiley Happy

No it's just gold, not rose gold. It's a new gold color though, not the same as the iphone gold I have now, it looks more peachy but not as pink as rose gold was. The same with the watch 3, they have the gold but not rose gold. 

Honored Contributor

A partial vindication on my iPhone 6S issues. I had a nice chat with the mgr of my very local Verizon store to ask him specifically which phone seems to have the best antenna and reception in our heavily wooded rural area.

I told him about my 6S antenna problems and 100% dropped calls, hence my interest in either Galaxy S8 or the new Pixel XL2 coming out next month. He said that there were/are known antenna/reception issues with the iPhone 6 and 6S, and that Apple "fixed" it with the 7 phones and presumably the 8 phones. He also said that in his local experience, the Samsung had better reception/signal in our area than iPhones.

So...what I might do is try an iPhone 8+ and if it works well, keep it. If it doesn't work any better than my 6s I'll try the Galaxy S8+. He said he doesn't have much experience with the Pixel, as most people buy either an iPhone or a Samsung.  Really don't want the X.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom I did notice that it wasn't called rose gold but it looked similar to mine. Now I know. 🙂