Honored Contributor

Re: A new iPhone WILL be mine

My son told me to hold off 6 months when they come out.  I'm due for upgrade since March & my 6s is really perfect.  They both pre-bought  it but they are crazy tech people whose thephones to its full capacity.

Imay rethink I get a old 7s or 8.  Cheaper and I don't need face recognition, etc. nor do I want to spend $1100on features I barely use!

Trusted Contributor

Several months ago I bought a red iPhone 7. LOVE IT! A bit larger than my previous phone but nothing ridiculous.

I spend money, I like to shop and buy for friends and family and my home, travel, clothes, etc. But there is NO WAY I would spend $1000.00+ for a phone. 

JUST.NO.WAY!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Having read the specs of all, I expect I'll opt out. The 8s are not offering anything hugely different than my 6S (which does not have a good internal antenna) - enough to make me want one except the larger one (spec-wise) and I won't carry a phablet.

The X sounds interesting but the price stops me as well as being an early adopter of a brand new untried model. I want to wait and see what people think of it, what issues there are (and there will be issues) and what goes wrong with it before I seriously consider it. Also, I want to see some comparison photos with photos taken with a Galaxy S8 and the soon-to-arrive Pixel 2.

I'm awaiting the Pixel 2 to decide between it, the Samsung and a X. I especially want to see if they're forced to lower the X's price.

I understand your point, but since I have a 6+ and DH has  a 7+, I do know that the difference in the cameras is huge.

I take almost all of my photos with the my phone now, so that being the case, there is no question in my mind that one of the new phones will do much more for me than my 6+.

That's really why I'm planning to bump up.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

but darned if I know which one?

@violann

Hear the model is now on the market. Guess it is only about $1,000, plus taxes of course. What a bargain!

I will stick with my Android Tracfone for around $69.95, tax and delivery included in the price, plus 1 year of service. 

Never owned anything with the infamous "i" on it and seriously doubt I ever will. 

Enjoy which ever one you choose.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Interestingly @hckynut, I was an even more useless Dingleberry BEFORE my life with Mac than I am now!

Differents strokes as they say. If I had YOUR phone it would take me months to figure out how to turn it on.

I'll post which of the "I"s I pick!

Honored Contributor

I always want the latest and greatest.  My son-in-law owns a computer business and gets things way cheaper.

I know you guys probably hear this like I do...."how do you know how to use these"?  I hold up my pointer finger and say, "See this?  I push buttons, read the directions and they pretty much hook themselves up".  

Really, most things are so easy to use these days, I'm 71 years old soon and up until a few years ago didn't know much about computers or anything.  My late husband also owned a computer business and I wasn't interested, but when he died I decided to start paying attention to things.

I have a friend who has an old, old flip phone.  She can't get texts and the phone is so fat and heavy it's crazy.  She's way younger than me and could afford anything, yet he fights technology.  Everyone is different.

I'm like many of you, I enjoy technology.  Here's one thing I do, I don't use individual words for security....I use phrases and one set of numbers.  It makes it extremely difficult for someone to figure out my 'codes'.

Even my son-in-law has trouble figuring it out.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love my new 2017 iPad.It cost $329. I will never spend $1000 for a phone. Apple seems to come out with a new iPhone every six months as a way of separating people from their cash.I won't buy into it.

Just my opinion. To those techies who buy the new iPhone I hope you enjoy it!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Like Hickeynut I have never owned an I product; we are a Samsung family.  New Apple releases were news at one time; by now they don't rate coverage on Evening News.  $1000 (especially multiplied by several phones per family) ridiculous!!

Respected Contributor

I want a smartphone. I want an iPhone.  I have two dinosaurs: a Nokia (built like a tank) and an old Samsung.

I like the look of the red iPhone.  And I would buy the iPhone X, if it's what I want.  Will decide once I see the different models in person.  

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Having read the specs of all, I expect I'll opt out. The 8s are not offering anything hugely different than my 6S (which does not have a good internal antenna) - enough to make me want one except the larger one (spec-wise) and I won't carry a phablet.

The X sounds interesting but the price stops me as well as being an early adopter of a brand new untried model. I want to wait and see what people think of it, what issues there are (and there will be issues) and what goes wrong with it before I seriously consider it. Also, I want to see some comparison photos with photos taken with a Galaxy S8 and the soon-to-arrive Pixel 2.

I'm awaiting the Pixel 2 to decide between it, the Samsung and a X. I especially want to see if they're forced to lower the X's price.

I understand your point, but since I have a 6+ and DH has  a 7+, I do know that the difference in the cameras is huge.

I take almost all of my photos with the my phone now, so that being the case, there is no question in my mind that one of the new phones will do much more for me than my 6+.

That's really why I'm planning to bump up.

It's the camera results I'll be looking at most closely.  But I'm also kind of iPhone shy as far as the internal antenna - which may or may not be bad on any individual device. Living in the boonies, for the past year and a half the dropped calls and no reception drive me insane. It's not my carrier. There is a 5s in the house that works fine. It's the antennas in a percentage of 6 and 7 models. I don't have reason (yet) to think that the new one will be great for me, antenna-wise. It's one of those "known" (and complained about) issues that Apple says is a non-issue (unless you have the situation). I had no issues with it in the city. Just afraid to take another chance.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all