Respected Contributor

4/9/17: Help me set up my voice mail on my Tracfone Samsung Core Prime phone

It's time that I set up my phone so callers can leave messages for me.

Can someone here instruct me step-by-step how to do the setup?

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: 4/9/17: Help me set up my voice mail on my Tracfone Samsung Core Prime phone

On my Tracfone - just dial 1 like you are picking up a voicmail message and it will prompt you through. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 4/9/17: Help me set up my voice mail on my Tracfone Samsung Core Prime phone

Once you activate voicemail you can't shut it off @Big Sister.

Here's all the voicemail how-to.

https://www.tracfone.com/faqs/features/FEATURES_VOICEMAIL

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  Thank you so much for your help.  I clicked on your link but two of the "questions" were not available to read.

I will definitely call Customer Service or find a YouTube video of how to do it. 

I did not know you couldn't remove your voice mail once it is set up.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Big Sister
https://www.tracfone.com/techsupport

Here's tech support. Scroll down to FAQs, or scroll further to get the manual and tutorial for individual make/model phones.

Tracfone cs can be 'punishing' to deal with if you ask them things you could've read on your own.

Yes, I used the voicemail all the time on my work phone.
But I made the mistake of settings up voicemail on my own cell phone only once. Nowadays phones tell you if/when/who called, and if I want I will call back. I find no advantage in voicemail since i have to waste a call/minutes to hear the voice message, and everyone repeats what they said on the voicemail when you call them back anyhow.
My friends & fam know I loathe talking on the phone and text me, only switching to talking if necessary.
Doctors labs pharmacy, other legit business calls show up as missed calls and I call them back.
The advantage in NOT having voicemail is junk/scam calls can't make a connection, or waste my time/minutes later by leaving unwanted voicemail.
Between talking, texting, and email, talking is the most expensive way to communicate now, but if you and your friends are real 'talkers' you will probably want voicemail.
Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister

There's also quite a bit of voicemail info under 'Troubleshooting'.

https://www.tracfone.com/faqs/troubleshoot/TROUBLESHOOT_VOICEMAIL

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  You really got me thinking, do I need or want voice mail?

The answer is probably no.  My friends and I are not "talkers" on our cell phone.  When I am home I use my landline, so rarely use up minutes on Tracfone.

Thanks so much for your kind and helpful responses.