Respected Contributor

Re: 4/22/17. Paging Gardenman

Hello, Gardenman, thank you for the great review of your new LG Premier.

I have another question:   how would I activate the Wizard when I want to transfer my contacts into a new phone?  I have the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime right now and may trade up before September.  Normally I would imput all contacts manually, but after a while that becomes a pain.  I have heard of the Wizard but have never used it.  Can you give me a step-by-step instruction on how to use the Wizard?  I will bookmark your reply and have it on hand that way.

Thank you so much.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Big Sister - did you see the replies in your thread asking about dictating texts?   Just making sure, so you will know.  Smiley Happy    It's super easy and it did take me a minute, but my husband actually helped me out with that and he's usually not the one adept at electronics!  hehe  Smiley Happy

Thanks, @chickenbutt, I did read the replies but have not tested the "dictating texts" yet.  I'm glad you could get  yours up and running with help from your DH.  I'd like to borrow him, please!   lol

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

Hello, Have you received your LG Premier Tracfone yet?

Will you please review it for us?   Thank  you.

@Big Sister

He wrote a short review the other day in the same thread you read what he had bought. At that point his new phone hadn't finished completely activated. Maybe has updated since I read that one, I have not returned to that thread.

You might want to check that thread. 

hckynut(john)

Yes, John, I did read his review of the other day and all of his replies today.  Thank you.  All of you are so helpful to me.  I can't tell  you how much I appreciate learning from all of you.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

I have another question:   how would I activate the Wizard when I want to transfer my contacts into a new phone?  I have the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime right now and may trade up before September.  Normally I would imput all contacts manually, but after a while that becomes a pain.  I have heard of the Wizard but have never used it.  Can you give me a step-by-step instruction on how to use the Wizard?  I will bookmark your reply and have it on hand that way.

Thank you so much.

The "Transfer Wizard" works very, very well. It's easy too. You simply install the app on both phones, open it on your old phone and select "From this phone" then open it on the new phone and select "To this phone." One of those QR codes will appear on your old phone and a screen to see the QR code will appear on your new phone. Simply point the camera of the new phone at the old phone to scan the QR code and they'll connect and transfer all of the data to the new phone. It's fast and easy. You just need both phones to be on the same WiFi network for it all to work. It was very, very easy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

Thank you so much.

The "Transfer Wizard" works very, very well. It's easy too. You simply install the app on both phones, open it on your old phone and select "From this phone" then open it on the new phone and select "To this phone." One of those QR codes will appear on your old phone and a screen to see the QR code will appear on your new phone. Simply point the camera of the new phone at the old phone to scan the QR code and they'll connect and transfer all of the data to the new phone. It's fast and easy. You just need both phones to be on the same WiFi network for it all to work. It was very, very easy.

@gardenman,  Thanks for that!

I haven't had to use Transfer Wizard yet, and it's good to read your clear description of the sequence of steps and what to look for.

I have an old 4" JellyBean I've been hanging onto because its contains a single conversation of thousands of texts that must be preserved. (Legal application.)

• Can the Transfer Wizard transfer texts? 
  • Does the Transfer Wizard move contacts, pictures, etc from one phone to the other, or does it send a copy to the new phone and leave the material intact on the original phone?

Wow!  I see on the preview that the font size and type is changing by itself again.  That warn't me, folks! 

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

Thank you so much.

@gardenman,  Thanks for that!

I haven't had to use Transfer Wizard yet, and it's good to read your clear description of the sequence of steps and what to look for.

I have an old 4" JellyBean I've been hanging onto because its contains a single conversation of thousands of texts that must be preserved. (Legal application.)

• Can the Transfer Wizard transfer texts? 
  • Does the Transfer Wizard move contacts, pictures, etc from one phone to the other, or does it send a copy to the new phone and leave the material intact on the original phone?

Wow!  I see on the preview that the font size and type is changing by itself again.  That warn't me, folks! 

The Transfer Wizard just copies everything to the new phone. The same stuff stays on the old phone. It's pretty neat. My texts, photos, contacts were all copied over but the originals stayed on the old phone too. I'm pretty impressed by the job it did.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman

I have been reading your posts about your  new Tracfone   so i i upgraded my LG Sunset tracfone to the same one you have...LG premier  LTE..LG62v

After reading everyones posts i ordered it from HSN on the 24th-Monday it shipped next day and i received it Friday the28 th.

I went on line to talk to a rep to keep same number, and did the rest like you mentioned. It  was so easy!

Only thing was.. silly me thought my phone contacts would be put on my new phone and i couldn't find them...so i called a rep and was told no,they don't do that ,so i put in my contacts myself" after" i figured out how to get rid of my gmail contacts that was put into the phone!

I am loving this phone !!

So thank you for your review of your phone..

P>S>.

my son and d/i/l have the same phone but by Straight talk  that they bought at Walmart 2 months ago and they also love theirs!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."