Respected Contributor

Hello, Have you received your LG Premier Tracfone yet?

Will you please review it for us?   Thank  you.

Honored Contributor

Re: 4/22/17. Paging Gardenman

[ Edited ]

@Big Sister wrote:

Hello, Have you received your LG Premier Tracfone yet?

Will you please review it for us?   Thank  you.

@Big Sister

He wrote a short review the other day in the same thread you read what he had bought. At that point his new phone hadn't finished completely activated. Maybe has updated since I read that one, I have not returned to that thread.

You might want to check that thread. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Big Sister

The phone is great so far. I haven't been able to use it as a phone as there's an issue with my file that's prevented Tracfone from being able to activate it. (I've been with Tracfone around 20 years and never had a big problem before, but this is hopefully getting resolved today. In 20 or so years I've apparently amassed a large file with them and there's an issue somewhere in there that they have to resolve.) Fortunately my old phone is still alive and well and perfectly usable until they fix the issue.

My first attempt to activate the phone was done online and ended with an error message advising me to call their 1-800-867-7183 to finish the activation. I did that and followed the automated prompts, but nothing happened after 24 hours. I chatted with them yesterday and they tried activating it again, but then reported there was an issue with my file and they wrote a trouble ticket and said the issue would be resolved in 24 hours and to call back to a different number and give them my case number. I'll be calling them after 9:00 this morning to see how that goes. Their chat is nice in that you can email a copy of the chat to yourself with all of the details.

The phone itself is great. I used Tracfone's Transfer Wizard and my Google login and everything moved from the old phone to the new phone with no trouble. My apps,  contacts, photos, music, etc. all made the move with little to no help from me other than following the prompts. It took a while for it all to transfer, but it all got there.

I was able to move at least part of a number of apps (eleven to be precise) to my SD card which freed up a bit more memory on the phone. I've got a 32 GB micro-SD card in it, so I'll likely be downloading a lot more of my favorite music to fill up more of the card. I've played with the camera a bit in the house and it seems to work okay. (It's cloudy/rainy outside.) I'll be testing that out more if the weather ever improves.

The phone is quick, responsive, the display is nice and bright and the colors are nearly perfect. If we can just get it to work as a phone, it'll be perfect. I do get a solid three bars on the signal strength meter which is pretty good for around here. The wifi works well and I get a really good wifi signal from it pretty much wherever I go on my property. The apps all seem to work okay. I've logged into my apps that needed logging into with no trouble.

I look at it as the phone costing me less than $5.50 as I typically buy four of their $19.99 cards a year, so $79.96 of the $85.46 total cost is offset by them giving me a year of service, but four 90 day cards only buys 360 days of service where now I get 365 days of service. My old Ultimate 2 was about two and a half years old and had the smaller screen, slower processor, and was starting to need charging more frequently. If I were to keep using it through the year, I'd likely have to replace the battery which would cost me more than $5.50. Overall, I'm pleased. I trust Tracfone to eventually get the activation issue resolved and we'll go from there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Just a quick update while I sit on hold (55 minutes now with Oscar, the Tracfone rep, occasionally popping in to see if I'm stii here) working on getting the phone activated. This may be a bigger issue than I'd anticipated.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Now on hold for an hour and twenty minutes, but I just got an email asking if the problem was resolved. I'm giving up on the phone and heading back to the chat. I'm getting no where right now,

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And it's alive! Yea! It took a while, but eventually it got activated.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I really like the phone a lot. I tested the device manager to be sure I could find it if lost anytime and that worked fine. I think it's now fully functional and my time and minutes transferred over so I have to spend nothing until the end of June 2018. The only real negative is with the case I bought for it. Unlike the similar case I'd bought for my Ultimate 2, the slide on cover for this phone is tight and covers the charging port. A little surgery fixed the covered charging port and it may be getting a little easier to slide on and off, so I'll stick with it for a bit more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman,
I appreciate your updates in a situation where activation wasn't smooth and easy.
Honored Contributor

Big Sister - did you see the replies in your thread asking about dictating texts?   Just making sure, so you will know.  Smiley Happy    It's super easy and it did take me a minute, but my husband actually helped me out with that and he's usually not the one adept at electronics!  hehe  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The activation didn't go as smoothly as I'd prefer, but it's now active and working well, so I'm happy. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!