Honored Contributor

Re: 2/28/17: My Kindle Keyboard is dying after just four years. Does

[ Edited ]

My first gen Kindle still works. Although I don't use it anymore. I have an Oasis which I love. Why would you have to buy a Voyage though? They won't let you use the credit for the other models that are currently being made?

I didn't realize they still made the Kindle Keyboard 4 years ago, they first came out in 2010. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I am the OP.  I have decided to get the Voyage because it gives me the Page Press along with the touch turn-page.  When my Keyboard dies completely, then I will replace it with a Voyage.

I can use the $40 credit for any Kindle. 

Also, I have decided NOT to buy a refurbished Kindle Keyboard.

Thanks to all of  you for your replies.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

@Big Sister- good luck!

I agree with the opinions about the Paperwhite. I love mine, and although I still have the Keyboard (which is just like yours and also was my first Kindle), I never use it. I charged it up not too long ago and I couldn't believe how dark the screen was lol

Are Kindles sold in electronics stores? If so, why not go take a look at a Paperwhite? You might love it and never look back.

Please let us know over at the book board what you choose!

Hi, Sunala, thanks for your input.  The reason that I probably will go with the Voyage is because I can turn pages with the "Page Press" or the "Touch Screen."  The Paperwhite does not give me that option.  I won't buy yet because I am still able to read pages on my Keyboard.  When that fails me I will then choose a new Kindle.