Honored Contributor

Re: ☎️ iPhone 12 ☎️

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dooBdoo   I wonder how many Keurig machines they have at Apple facilities spitting out used K-cups by the thousands?

I'm not sure why you pose this question to me, @Kachina624, but I guess you could ask Apple's employees.😊   If I sounded confrontational, then I didn't compose my post very well because that wasn't my intent.  I was simply responding with my perspective about Apple -- or any company -- and the benefits of this particular change.  I've never encountered any company that was perfect, and Apple, Samsung, or Amazon or any others are far from perfect.   But they all prominently publicize in their ads and websites and promotions the steps they take or propose to take, including in their workplaces, regarding environmental impact.   For all I know, some Apple or Samsung employees toss litter into parks... or worse.   Apple took this one step, it will reduce adding more disgusting kwap into our oceans, our world, and I'm glad they did.   Maybe others will follow suit.   Even small steps make a difference.  (Off my soapbox...  sorry, but perhaps this explains my view somewhat.)   I don't use Keurig, K-cups or anything of that nature, for what it's worth...  I've seen arguments pro and con.  I'm glad you're satisfied with your purchases.  It's good we all have choices, yes?  Take care, and be well and safe.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo   Thank you for responding.  I'm finished with this subject.  As always, you are a dear, favorite poster.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   It's the principle of the thing.  Don't worry, I won't be buying it.  I'm a Samsung fan.  They include a charger.

@Kachina624

I thought Samsung would not provide a charger with the Note 20 ultra in August 2020. 

We will see what happens when the S21 phone is released in February 2021.

I do not have a problem buying a charger. 

Honored Contributor

Before pre-ordering the iPhone 12, suggest you read the Oct 14th The Washington Post review article by BY GEOFFREY A. FOWLER.  Titled:  Is the iPhone 12 worth your money?

Just saying........

@Nuttmeg @Kachina624 @dooBdoo @patbz @proudlyfromNJ 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac    Thanks, but I won't be ordering an iPhone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac

Thanks for the info from WP. LOL, I am a Samsung phone person. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I just ordered two Samsung phones this week and they aren't 5G (won't see that or need that capability where I live for a minimum of five years why pay for it?).  What I want is a reliable phone that has internet and takes decent photos that's all!  Together our two phones cost less than $600 ( I'm happy).

Trusted Contributor

I just pre ordered the iPhone 12, in the green.

I considered one of the pro models, but, I don't need them,and just too pricey.   

I Love the iPhone, I have, for years.  Although, my first smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy, and I liked it too.  I just prefer the iPhone. Personal choice.  

As for the charger, and earbuds, I so don't need them. I have plenty of chargers, and I use the Apple AirPods.  

Honored Contributor

Go to ANY drugstore, grocery store or whatever and look at the tons of plastic body wash containers when bar soap would work and there would be almost no waste.

Look at the detergent bottles when we could have low-impact refills.  

Look at the waste pets create now that they didn't 50 years ago?  And we worry about a few small things.  

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

2020 iPhone 12 mini will be the smallest iPhone Apple has released since the 4.7-inch iPhone SE. At 6.7 inches, the 2020 iPhone 12 Pro Max will be Apple's largest iPhone to date, topping the 6.5-inch iPhone 11 Pro Max. The two 6.1-inch models will be similar in size to the existing iPhone 11.

• Four iPhones
  • New physical design
  • 5.4", 6.7", and 6.1" sizes
  • Triple-lens 3D camera
  • All OLED displays
  • 5G connectivity
  • A14 chip
  • New Blue color option
  • No power adapter or EarPods
  • $699 starting price

All iPhones in 2020 are expected to feature OLED Super Retina XDR display technology regardless of price.

• 5.4-inch iPhone 12: $699
  • 6.1-inch iPhone 12: $799
  • 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro: $999
  • 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max: $1,099

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at Tue, Oct 13, 2020-7.07.01 PM.png

You can get the full "411" on Apple's iPhone website.

I would be embarrased to pay those prices for a device that will be "obsolete" in 3 or 4 years. Ridiculous that people feel the need to carry these devices around 24/7.