Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@gardenman 

Never owned anything "i" or apple. As for this 12. Heard it has a much faster processor and is 5g and the case is made of something harder, not as easy to break if dropped. Also a tech guy mentioned some type of trade in of i6 or 8 with a plan, the 12 could essentially be free.

Repeating what I just heard and saw on a morning news tech person. I just don't remember all the exact details.

Not for me I will stick with Tracfone Android.

hckynut 

@hckynut   You seem to be practical. I still cant be convinced this device is necessary. No one needs such a thing.  I remember how lovely it was until the middle 1990s when these things started appearing   I am grateful to have lived most of my life without them and do not need a phone to carry around on the go.  Sadly the younger generation views these things as a necessity  My niece being one, always checking the phone. Why I have no idea

Having a smartphone can be very handy in an emergency. When I fell in my driveway a couple of years ago and broke my femur I just reached into my coat pocket, pulled out my smartphone, and called 911. If I hadn't had a phone I would have had to lay there until someone noticed me which could have been hours. Because I had a phone on me, help was on the way within minutes.

Modern smartwatches can detect if you've had a fall and even call for help for you if you can't do it yourself. Many now even record your EKG, blood oxygen levels, and other health factors. Modern technology can extend your life if used properly. (Or end it if you're one of the idiots so glued to the screen that you walk into traffic.) I keep a phone on me and I'm likely to add a smartwatch at some point. They can literally be the difference between life and premature death. Especially for those of us who live alone. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: ☎️ iPhone 12 ☎️

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

I have the 7 and was planning on getting the 11 when this new model comes out but after seeing and reading about the 12, I'm going for it.  I like the dark blue.  My 7 is red and I love the color but ready for a change.

You will LOVE the 12. I got the normal 12 -- mini not available around here yet, and the max and pro is unnecessary for me. I just got the red one yesterday and have been having so much fun with it. I upgraded from the 8. This one is lightening fast, has some awesome features -- like organizing the apps -- the phone does it for you, but you can still keep the ones on the home screen in any order you like. Swipe past your home screens and there is an organized version where all like apps are grouped together. Hit Library on that, and there is every app listed alphabetically. I LOVE that. Also the camera, the screen and the sound quality is par excellence. I would not say Apple has run out of ideas. I would say they dumped the ear buds because people really don't much like them -- at least I don't, and I know I'm not the only one. The wired ear buds are clunky and they fall out of my ears. I have about 5 or 6 sets of those that I throw in a box as soon as I get them. I DO, however, have Airpods Pro ear buds, and those are absolutely phenomenol. They fit my ears, stay in and the sound quality is amazing. I have several cubes that take USB C, so I don't have a problem with that. They include the charging wire. I couldn't be happier with mine. I got the 128g version.

Briggsie

Respected Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

I have the 7 and was planning on getting the 11 when this new model comes out but after seeing and reading about the 12, I'm going for it.  I like the dark blue.  My 7 is red and I love the color but ready for a change.

You will LOVE the 12. I got the normal 12 -- mini not available around here yet, and the max and pro is unnecessary for me. I just got the red one yesterday and have been having so much fun with it. I upgraded from the 8. This one is lightening fast, has some awesome features -- like organizing the apps -- the phone does it for you, but you can still keep the ones on the home screen in any order you like. Swipe past your home screens and there is an organized version where all like apps are grouped together. Hit Library on that, and there is every app listed alphabetically. I LOVE that. Also the camera, the screen and the sound quality is par excellence. I would not say Apple has run out of ideas. I would say they dumped the ear buds because people really don't much like them -- at least I don't, and I know I'm not the only one. The wired ear buds are clunky and they fall out of my ears. I have about 5 or 6 sets of those that I throw in a box as soon as I get them. I DO, however, have Airpods Pro ear buds, and those are absolutely phenomenol. They fit my ears, stay in and the sound quality is amazing. I have several cubes that take USB C, so I don't have a problem with that. They include the charging wire. I couldn't be happier with mine. I got the 128g version.

Briggsie

No one needs such a thing  Just my two cents

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

Briggsie

@Reever- No, you don't need such a thing.  My two cents is free.

Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

Briggsie

HAHAHAHA.......who died and left you in charge of what people need?  I USE IT FOR WORK....and yes, I need it.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

Briggsie

-----

I upgraded, to the 12, a couple of weeks ago.

It is am amazing phone, and I love it. Lightning fast, and a huge time saver for me, both personal, and work wise. 

Would my world collapse without it?  Of course not.  I'm very glad, though, that I have it!

There are so many things, we don't truly need, but, they make our lives easier, more fun, just generally more enjoyable. 

Maybe, they even make us a little less judgmental!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

My sweetie bought me an iphonex when we had a litle extra money. Bought it outright so we would have more control. I planned on having that one for a long time. Amazing phone. I ended up dropping it on concrete in the aftermath of hurricane Laura. I thought it was ok, but it started to seperate and looked pregnant. We filed a claim to fix it and found out we could get the new phone for $10 a month, an at&t promotion. I looked at the pro and I fell hard. Smiley Happy I really like this phone. The camera is amazing & it just works so well. I've always been an iphone fan. The first time I saw one I really wanted it but thought we could never afford.

No, I don't need it, but I sure do enjoy it. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: ☎️ iPhone 12 ☎️

[ Edited ]

I've never had an iPhone. I've always used Samsung Galaxy. My current phone is a SG 9+. 

That being said, my 12 MaxPro should be delivered in early December. I'm excited. DH has an iPhone X and he loved it from day 1. 

I guess I figured that, since I have an iPod and 3 iPads, that an iPhone was the next thing. And since I was due for a new phone, I might as well go that route.  I paid for the iPhone outright.128. Pacific Blue.

Doesn't matter if I need it or not. It's my money.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

I've never had an iPhone. I've always used Samsung Galaxy. My current phone is a SG 9+. 

That being said, my 12 MaxPro should be delivered in early December. I'm excited. DH has an iPhone X and he loved it from day 1. 

I guess I figured that, since I have an iPod and 3 iPads, that an iPhone was the next thing. And since I was due for a new phone, I might as well go that route.  I paid for the iPhone outright.128. Pacific Blue.

Doesn't matter if I need it or not. It's my money.

@PamelaSue72

I moved from one Note phone to another in March 2020.

I found a few YouTube channels to be helpful. 

Nick Ackerman 

Techmeout 

Flossy Carter 

Sakitech

Stetson Doggett reviews wireless data plans. 

Most channels will cover Samsung and iPhone products.

Enjoy your new phone. 

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@PamelaSue72

I moved from one Note phone to another in March 2020.

I found a few YouTube channels to be helpful. 

Nick Ackerman 

Techmeout 

Flossy Carter 

Sakitech

Stetson Doggett reviews wireless data plans. 

Most channels will cover Samsung and iPhone products.

Enjoy your new phone. 

@Nuttmeg, I am wondering why you changed from the Note phone. I need to get a new phone. The Samsung Note (new) is being recommended to me(Verizon customer service) as being more adaptable to my hand situation. I have RA and my hands appear normal but I do have difficulty with coordination of certain tasks. I really had decided on the new iphone 12. Would you be willing to tell me any advantages or disadvantages of the note phone.