Frequent Contributor

I have been really enjoying the trixie crossbody.  I would like to buy it in black.  Can anyone tell me which they prefer, the saffiano or the pebble leather?  I have the navy plaid from winter and would like to have the solid black.  All comments are appreciated.

Kathleenalice

Respected Contributor

Gosh, @westiemama, this is such a matter of personal preferance; you will get both responses.  

I dislike saffiano, but, many people love it!  Both have the advantage of wearing like iron.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Saffiano has the reputation of being virtually indestructible and I don't think that's the case. Certainly, it's lighter than traditional leather, easy to clean and doesn't scratch as easily as smoother leather. I also think it has a classy look.

However, I have owned three bags in saffiano and have learned from the experience.

Once it gets a "fold" or "bulge," it doesn't really straighten out easily so make sure that you store carefully and keep it stuffed.  And yes, it can be scratched.  It can take some rain or snow, but whatever you do, don't get caught in a torrential downpour without wiping it off.  It is possible that can warp. I've never warped any of mine, but people who own Prada saffiano say that it's possible. 

All would depend on your lifestyle; the Trixie is an adorable, functional bag.

Hope that it helps. Good luck with your choice!