Super Contributor

Re: thei I Heart Dooney site

Unfortunately, a not very good first experience w/ILD.  Smiley Sad  The bag showed some discoloration in a small patch on the back, as if the bag had been on contact with something that faded out the color but left the surface intact.  The bag also was inadequately 'stuffed' so there is rumple in the leather above the logo in front (kind of how linen pants wrinkle.)  This is going back.  I saw that dooney.com put the same pag on President's Day special for about $20.00 so I think in the future I will not be shopping in IDL.  And given my Dooney addiction it might not be a bad thing for me to NOT have 3 sources LOL.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have just ordered a bunch from that site with all the coupons and discounts I had found - so far four have arrived, and they were all in pristine condition - didn't receive a shipping notification the way I had thought I would for some, and there has been a delay in some.  One thing - if you call customer service and you get disconnected, you may have to try several times before you get through.  And just be absolutely sure of the description.  I ordered a few large pocket nylon satchels from them that were on sale.  In all the youtube reviews and on the Dooney site a comfort pad is included to attach to the strap.  So.....I assumed this would come with the bag.  Well, they were selling different year models of the bag, and one arrived with the comfort pad, another did not.  When I called to ask for it, I was told that comfort pad was not in the description....lo and behold, there were NO details other than the size of the bag!  So....I will likely just switch the comfort pad between the two bags I already have, though I don't like how that rubs against the stitching on the strap each time.  I tried to cancel the bags that hadn't shipped yet, they told me they will let me know via email if that is possible - otherwise I will likely return as soon as they arrive, but I would still have to pay for return shipping :-/  No other issues so far, other than a longer than expected delay in shipping from some of the bags.  I would likely order again from them, simply because I can't pass up the deals if I want to buy D&B bags. 

Update: ARGH.  I sent an email asking them to cancel immediately.  They replied that they would try to send them immediately.  That's pretty crappy.

Update 2: Hope I'm not being annoying with these updates - I just thought OP might find them useful!  So I got through to a different customer service rep, who explained their policy clearly.  She said that normally there is NO window of time for cancellations/alterations to orders once they have been placed.  If there has been an unusual delay in shipping, they can place a request for cancellation, so that is what my status is right now.  I should hear another message to see if that request has been accepted (fingers crossed), as that would save me time, effort, and money.

Occasional Contributor

I shop there a lot. It is under the Dooney & Bourke name. Totally safe!

Respected Contributor

I have had excellent service and, unlike QVC's "as is" bags, all new and wrapped bags from ILD. It is Dooney's own site with some nice bargains. Last fall, I bought two of the Dooney high-end Italian-made Montecatini $650 each bags for, if I recall correctly, $425-$450 each!!

Esteemed Contributor

Like others here, I've ordered from the I Love Dooney website. They're an offshoot or owned by Dooney & Bourke, and it's a great plae to find discounted bags. I've never had a problem with any bags I've ordered from them. The bags I've received looked and were packaged just like the Dooney bags from their major website. Sign up for their emails and you'll be notified of their special sales.

Respected Contributor

I ordered one bag from them this year.  Everything was great-no problems.