Contributor

converting shoulder bag to crossbody

I have the chelsea that just gets too heavy after shopping for a bit.  I was thinking maybe i could convert it to a crossbody bag.  does anybody know of a place that sells just the straps (doesn't have to be a  d&b strap)?

I have other bags, but the straps don't come off in order for me to try this. 

anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks

deb

Respected Contributor

Re: converting shoulder bag to crossbody

Try eBay.

Contributor

DUH!  never thought of that, but better yet, i found some on etsy!  

Thanks for the suggestion!

deb

Respected Contributor

http://www.mautto.com/

Someone on on the purse forum mentioned this company.  

New Contributor

I have a beautiful 10 year old navy leather drawstring DB shoulder bag. I borrowed a crossbody strap from one of my other DBs... only because the brown leather straps matched. The original shoulder strap is connected by rings so I connected the crossbody strap to the rings. I love the fit and look!!!

I wish DB would sell crossbody straps in various colors so that I can convert some of my other DBs into crossbodys.

Respected Contributor

I have also done that with the Kendall. It looks great because I also have the little duck tag. The color of the straps is the same.  (There are other handbag lines that feature both, so it is keeping with the trend. (I also didn't want to return a bag for the smaller crossbody.)

OP:

If you don't have an older bag with the strap, you can contact Dooney and Bourke. I think they sell straps.

And yes, go on ebay. If no one is selling a strap, just buy an old bag with the strap that you need.