Respected Contributor

The fabulous Dooney hobo logo bag being retired? {gasp}

Several Q hosts recently said on air that the hobo logo lock bag, which has sold tens of thousands, is being discontinued!? Several colors already on sale.

I have ivy, grape, orange, olive. Love the zen simplicity, wide opening, squishy soft pebble leather.

Wondering why.

maxresdefault.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The fabulous Dooney hobo logo bag being retired? {gasp}

@1Professor

I think Q sold a million of this bags. It did not work for me due to the clasp.

It's on sale because they haven't sold like before.

If memory doesn't fail me as it can,  you have an extensive purse collection but when you find that perfect fit it is hard to let a bag gol

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@1Professor

I think Q sold a million of this bags. It did not work for me due to the clasp.

It's on sale because they haven't sold like before.

If memory doesn't fail me as it can,  you have an extensive purse collection but when you find that perfect fit it is hard to let a bag gol

@hopi: Maybe sales are down, but I suspect there are other variables. Wondering if they are re-designing this bag?

As bag collectors go, I'm small. Two dozen. But love the bags I have (Dooney, Coach, LV), and NOW surprisingly infatuated with the bright colors and garden designs of Vera Bradley (see Forum/Blog, "Vera Bradley Talk" in Handbags).

Esteemed Contributor

This bag never interested me due to the bucket design.  However, the last D& show I watched all the prices were slashed & this one being discontinued....I wondered if D&B was leaving the Q and they were cleaning out the warehouse.  They don't usually cut prices so much.

Respected Contributor

You know that there are two item numbers for this? As of yesterday, (1/19), they only put certain colors on clearance.

This was discussed in other threads in the "main" handbag forum.  

Honored Contributor

I have one of these in the T'Moro Brown.  I have never used it because of the weight.  However, I use the change purse in every bag I carry.  Love that thing!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I have it in grape, love it!!!!!! I do not buy the same bags in different colors, as I see way too many style of bags that I like and want to try!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

One odd thing is that although I have several and tens of thousands were sold, I have NEVER run into anyone else carrying a Dooney hobo logo! (And I run in lawyer, university, drama, art, gardening circles. Began to think it must be not be a west coast thing.) Where are all the Dooney hobo logo women, I wonder.

Respected Contributor

I have--in NYC. It was the whiskey-colored bag. Is that the natural? I know people say that they never see women carrying DB at all. I see them everyday in my neighborhood.

So maybe these ladies are on East Coast? Someone out there may have every color of this bag? (Anything is possible.)

Does a person carry a bag because they like to be a part of a "herd"? Or is better to be "unique?"

I get sick of seeing the style/brands over and over again. That is what kills MK for me. Sometimes, though, if I see someone with the same bag, it's almost a validation of my taste. LOL.

Super Contributor

As I understood it , they are not discontinuing the handbag - just the specific colors that are on clearance