Honored Contributor

I purchased 3 of these bags primarily because very few D&B are trimmed in black. IMO, this makes them a little dressier than the standard brown/tan trim. My wardrobe has main pieces in black, so all the other bags w/ brown trim whether grey or burgundy, are not neutral enough for me. I think this style sold out rather quickly and I think it was due to the black bottom & black strap. I hope they bring more styles w/ black leather trim!!

Honored Contributor

I agree with you, I also prefer black leather trim. I'm ok with the T-Moro color trim on the Florentine bags because it's so dark it almost looks black. I avoid the bags with brown and tan contrasting trim. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

What I love about the Sophie is the smooth, high -quality leather and, yes, the black trim. I wore the light mushroom taupe one a lot this summer. The bag is large but it fits my shoulder perfectly. I tried the other smooth leather bag with accessories but I thought it looked ridiculously large. 

Super Contributor

Here is another vote for stylish Sophie.  I think of Sophie as my 'gateway bag,' the one that got me hardcore hooked on Dooney LOL!  Q was having a great sale last December and Sophie was my Christmas gift to myself.  The hobo silhouette is at once relaxed and well-structured and the color-blocking in European leather really works.  I surely hope we will see this bag again, if not this season, then hopefully next year, in Spring and Summer colors. Woman Happy

Super Contributor

annespan, I would call my navy Sophie my gateway bag as well.  I so wasn't sure I liked it when I purchased it as a TSV, but it has become a favorite, as well as turned me into a DB fan! 

Super Contributor

I hear ya, philogirl!  Mint Sophie is VERY ready to come out and play as we get closer to Spring!  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I am with you on that, I also have mostly black, and grey.  That is why when I want a red bag, I must buy a Florentine or a Saffiano bag, but I would like a red pebble leather all in red.

I have the sophie in nude. I got it on the Q when it went on sale last year. Its a great bag. I love the black base and tassels with the lighter nude shade.

Respected Contributor

Re: THE SOPHIE BAG

[ Edited ]

Add me to the list of Sopie fans!  I have the black and olive one and I love it.  I would have liked to buy more of that particular style. 

I also bought the Sutton Sophie and I love it too.