Honored Contributor

Strange issue with Dooney.com

[ Edited ]

Around Christmas I ordered two pieces in the Maple pattern - a wristlet and a satchel. I received them both.

Now, 3 months later, they charged my PayPal again and said they were shipping out the SAME ORDER. I e-mailed and explained that I had already received the items... after several days, they said they would cancel the orders.

Well, they were sent anyway. They went to a local pick-up location because I wasn't home to sign for them. I am refusing them and they will be returned from there.

Has anyone else ever experienced something weird like this???

Valued Contributor

Re: Strange issue with Dooney.com

I've had this happen a couple of times with other retailers.  Just keep on it and be persistent about clearing up the error so you don't get stick with a duplicate charge on your account.  Also, keep detailed records of emails, phone calls,  etc.  It's not weird -- just annoying, and it can happen.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately the world is full of INCOMPENT people who just can't do the job they were hired to do and as long as they get a paycheck they don't really care about the customer .... it happens all the time and it probably will only get worse ....then when they get fired they scream & sue!!!!!

Super Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a bag in October. It was on backorder, so it took about 6 weeks to arrive but it finally did. My card was charged and all was well. Then, about a month ago, I got an email saying the order was shipping. It appeared on my doorstep the next day and my card was charged again. I sent it back and they credited my account right away, but charged me the return shipping. Very, very strange.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jclark73 wrote:

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a bag in October. It was on backorder, so it took about 6 weeks to arrive but it finally did. My card was charged and all was well. Then, about a month ago, I got an email saying the order was shipping. It appeared on my doorstep the next day and my card was charged again. I sent it back and they credited my account right away, but charged me the return shipping. Very, very strange.

That's interesting -I'm not the ONLY one with this problem!

I refused to pick up the second shipment - so they will be returned (and I will hopefully get my money back!) I e-mailed them PRIOR to shipment and told them it was a duplicate order. They wrote back that they would cancel the 2nd shipment - but they didn't.

I ordered via e-mail. I don't see this as a "people" error - more like a software glitch, IMO.

Valued Contributor

@terrier3 is correct.  Looks like a computer glitch which most of these errors are.  And the instant that the customer service rep said the order would be cancelled, it was either already too far into the shipping queue or had already shipped-- hence, too late, you got a second shipment.  As I mentioned above, just keep on it until you get your refund and chalk it up to just another day in the world of e-tail.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's a software glitch -  not enough complaints from enough different people.

I think the person who filled the order somehow didn't record that it was done -  maybe didn't scan the code or didn't hit the right key.  But, yes, I think it was human error --and way at the bottom of the chain of responsibility.  Sad becasue it ends up reflecting on the whole company.

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3, I don't have this issue but I can't seem to get off their email list ... No matter how many times I unsubscribe!  LM

Super Contributor

This happened to me just recently.  I ordered a zip zip bag in a color not available on QVC for about $50 less on sale on March 17. When I had no word about the order by March 31, I emailed with a copy of my order and confirmation number. I was emailed back and told that "issues beyond our control" had delayed all order processing. Well, I decided to cancel the order because I was so frustrated at this incompetence.  Evidently from what I'm reading here and on another blog, their whole ordering process needs major help. From now on I'll just get my Dooneys here or at a local store when on sale.

Super Contributor

Agree there is something amiss with their website.  When I check my account I still see an order which was delivered and returned in March being 'In Process.'  Ditto the bag I ordered and received as a replacement last month.  I have had no issues, happily, but for the others who have, I wonder if their obviously defective order tracking system could be why multiple fulfillments are occuring?  I will definitely keep a close eye next ime I order ... which heaven knows I will haha.