Respected Contributor

Re: Small Ashley Messenger Bag - Oh. My. Word.

I own a Coach Penny bag (small) and this Dooney Ashley is only slightly bigger than that. That has a turnlock closure--which isn't too bad. I don't worry about checkout lines. With a bag that small, you really aren't going to be digging for your wallet and change. It really is for the most basic of necessities.  I was looking for a bag that would accommodate my phone, wallet, keys and glasses. I was unable to cancel my order, so we will see.

They call it the small Ashley messenger. So how big is the larger one? Obviously, the mini must be closer to a micro mini in size.

Respected Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

I own a Coach Penny bag (small) and this Dooney Ashley is only slightly bigger than that. That has a turnlock closure--which isn't too bad. I don't worry about checkout lines. With a bag that small, you really aren't going to be digging for your wallet and change. It really is for the most basic of necessities.  I was looking for a bag that would accommodate my phone, wallet, keys and glasses. I was unable to cancel my order, so we will see.

They call it the small Ashley messenger. So how big is the larger one? Obviously, the mini must be closer to a micro mini in size.

of course you're not going to be digging to look for your wallet, but you'll be digging to get it out of the small opening.  What's worse, you'll be digging to put it back in that small opening.  Been there done that.  

Respected Contributor

I carry a mini wallet which just holds a a little cash with room for id and a few cards.  Of course, wouldn't you know! 

I found some other smaller Dooney bags that weren't there when I ordered the Ashley. They have a smaller Cassidy hobo and a Florentine crossbody (with webbed strap).

Respected Contributor

Wow, just got an email from the Dooney site.  50 percent off certain selected bags and I got this crossbody bag for only 129 dollars!!  They're in a whole variety of colors too.  Just ordered the olive.  Much better price then almost 300 for it.  It's in pebble leather and not florentine which is fine with me.  I had to order it for the price.  It's 9 and 1/2 inches wide too.  I think it's a tad larger in size then the small ashley.  

Respected Contributor

I receievd that email too amd was tinking about that bag. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JavaQueen wrote:

I receievd that email too amd was tinking about that bag. 

@JavaQueen Hi JavaQueen.  I own the Tuscana Satchel and the Amielee tote whatever it's called in the florentine and the leather is superb.  But, for the 129 dollar price for the pebble leather bag like the other one is, you can't beat it.  It's a nice bag to carry when you don't want a huge bag on your shoulder.  Great for weekend shopping trips.  

I was so weak, I couldn't get past that beautiful jewelry handle on the tsv bag.  Love that handle.  Ordered that in the teal.   I swear I'm done with handbags now for quite some time.  

Super Contributor

Hey blingqueen023, the Gracie in teal is just beautiful, congrats!  Having just 'adopted' Ashley -- which I just lurve! --  I am not sure I can swing this one too.  But I really hope I can -- that shade is exquisite and the timoro accents really compliment it.  The hardware is great too, looking forward to seeing more of the palladium in upcoming styles.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I know....I know...I say the same thing.

. I am leaning towars, the teal, the saddle tan and the dark navy.

(The  Logo Lock Lily is sitting still in its wrapping as I am leaving it there until I see the Ashley.) 

Stay strong! Smiley Happy

In my email are also offers from dooney.com and Coach.