Occasional Contributor

Second Dooney purchase (advice please)

[ Edited ]

I'm a newbie at Dooney and Bourke handbags ......  My first was the 2015 TSV Brenna in Elephant.  I love that handbag,  it's perfect for me and my needs.  I'm thinking of purchasing the Forentine medium satchel in Denim - on the Dooney and Bourke website. I love blue and the denim the color looks beautiful.  Any advice when purchasing from the Dooney and Bourke website? 

Can anyone give me any info on the Denim color?   Every computer monitor is different when it comes to showing the true color of items.  

Also, does anyone have a Dooney in the color Persimmon?   What are your thoughts on that color?

Thank you.

Rena

Frequent Contributor

Re: Second Dooney purchase (advice please)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I don't know the colors you mention but I have purchased from the D & B website.  They have sale prices on certain bags, they offer "easy pay" (or whatever it is called), the shipping was free on most more expensive items - I believe I didn't even pay sales tax (as I always have to on the Q).   Shipping was pretty fast and the bag arrived in perfect condition with all the original packaging intact, dust bag, etc. -

What's not to like????

Esteemed Contributor

I just received two bags from Dooney website. I ordered them last Sunday and they arrived yesterday (Friday). Perfect condition. No ridiculous shipping charges plus they have more colors than QVC. Don't know about the colors you are asking for because I only order browns and blacks. I don't order colored bags.

Honored Contributor

Can you check out the denim color you are wondering about at a store, to see in person whether you like it or not?  Then you can go and order from the web.

Contributor

I have a Dooney bag in persimon.  It is a beautiful coral red-orange (more red than orange.)  The color goes with a lot.  I've had many compliments on the shade.

I don't know about the denim color and I've wondered myself about all the blues Dooney has!

Occasional Contributor

Received the Patterson Kendra Satchel in Persimmon ...... I love the bag, soft leather and the color is beautiful ..... just as you described.  Way prettier in person than the picture.  I'm not even an orange gal, but, this color is striking ....... so glad I took a chance and tried it.!

Respected Contributor

I don't know what you mean about advice from purchasing on the Dooney website, but I have done it often. When I have seen a Dooney bag I like  on QVC, I have gone to the Dooney site first because of the free shipping and no sales tax. It's much cheaper to buy it that way. 

Respected Contributor

You might also want to check out the Dooney and Bourke online outlet called I Love Dooney.   It's run by D&B,  seems to have the same merchandise quality,  and there are often better sales.   I've shopped from I Love Dooney often and never had a problem.  Their CS is by email,  but they are much more responsive than the main Dooney site ( I have no idea why this is).   You can return things to I Love Dooney,  they have an online return form you generate, and for few things I have returned,  I've never had a problem.

As for color,  the denim is a mid blue, very pretty. In Florentine,  it's very similar to the color they used to have called Ocean Blue.  It's a little softer and lighter than a royal blue with a drop of green in the color mix.   You wouldn't notice the green unless you compared a bunch of similar colors like ocean and denim.   Then you can see that the denim is one drop more toward the green side. But Florentine handbags can vary quite a bit.... color, texture, even leather.  Make sure you understand the return polcies where ever you order from.