Contributor

Sage Green Lexington Small Shopper

I'm going crazy.  I love, love, love the small Lexington Shopper.  I am a new Dooney girl.  Started out with the black pouchette and bought a navy pouchette.  Now I want the Lexington Shopper but don't know what color to get.  Long story.  I actually had the staffano marine blue bought from Macy's for $155 about a month ago as I was thinking blue to match denim.  I will be retiring in the spring and thought that color would go well with denim which I wear at home all the time.  Well, I absolutely dislike marine blue.  Navy blue I love but I do not like marine blue at all.  I got sick and the day I got sick I took the purse back and was too sick to exchange it for the black not realizing that I would have to pay $228 when I got better.  Well, thought about ordering it from QVC and missed a few really good sales on the Shopper.  Now I don't want to pay over $155 for the black Shopper.  I just ordered from Macy's and received the Shopper in sage green.  My fav color is green but not sage green.  Love olive and even hunter but not sure about sage.  What would all of you Dooney girls do?  Think back when you first started this craze.  I'm still working in an office and need my Shopper to carry every day.  Should I take this bak to Macy's?  Was on special and only cost $103.  Good price but if I don't love the color shouldn't I take it back and start with black and later on buy my next Dooney in a color?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Sage Green Lexington Small Shopper

@Housework wrote:

I'm going crazy.  I love, love, love the small Lexington Shopper.  I am a new Dooney girl.  Started out with the black pouchette and bought a navy pouchette.  Now I want the Lexington Shopper but don't know what color to get.  Long story.  I actually had the staffano marine blue bought from Macy's for $155 about a month ago as I was thinking blue to match denim.  I will be retiring in the spring and thought that color would go well with denim which I wear at home all the time.  Well, I absolutely dislike marine blue.  Navy blue I love but I do not like marine blue at all.  I got sick and the day I got sick I took the purse back and was too sick to exchange it for the black not realizing that I would have to pay $228 when I got better.  Well, thought about ordering it from QVC and missed a few really good sales on the Shopper.  Now I don't want to pay over $155 for the black Shopper.  I just ordered from Macy's and received the Shopper in sage green.  My fav color is green but not sage green.  Love olive and even hunter but not sure about sage.  What would all of you Dooney girls do?  Think back when you first started this craze.  I'm still working in an office and need my Shopper to carry every day.  Should I take this bak to Macy's?  Was on special and only cost $103.  Good price but if I don't love the color shouldn't I take it back and start with black and later on buy my next Dooney in a color?

@Housework

Check out the "as is" Dooney & Bourke's

http://www.qvc.com/AsIsProducts.content.html?refine=2126517+4294966729&cm_re=LN-_--_-Dooney+&+Bourke...

Wen user for over 14 years.

Favorite formulas: TT, LAV, SCM, FTP, WCM, 613, MIF, BGT
Frequent Contributor

@Housework wrote:

@Housework

Here's the small Lexington Saffiano in black "as is" for $145.00

http://www.qvc.com/As-Is-Dooney-&-Bourke-Saffiano-Small-Lexington-Shopper.product.A272405.html?sc=A2...

Wen user for over 14 years.

Favorite formulas: TT, LAV, SCM, FTP, WCM, 613, MIF, BGT
Contributor

Thanks Lacey.  I just ordered the "as is" from QVC.  I hope nothing is wrong with it.  I'm a happy camper as it comes out to about the same price what Macy's had it on sale for.  I love QVC for the easy pays but I am learning to check out Macy's almost every day as it seems there is a Lexington Shopper on sale every week.   At end of winter the dark green pebble leather shopper was on sale for something like $129 (could kick myself in the butt for not buying it) and I saw that the pink and the tourquoise were on sale for about the same price toward the end of summer (not interested in those colors).  I'm keeping my eyes open for an olive or Hunter or evergreen (is the name of the darker green eveergreen?- well anyways it is the darker green).  Right now Macy's has the color Strawberry for $147.99. 

I have the Dooney bug. 

Contributor

"As Is" Lexington Small Shopper has hollow look from sides from middle down - needs structuring

I received "as is" shopper.  One scratch no one can see but me but looks like bag was folded in half and sent back that way as there is a crease/hollow on sides of bag starting from the middle (not in the middle).  I don't like that it is not all structured the way a new bag would be.  Do you think if I put paper in it that it would go back to its new look shape?  No dust bag came w/it.  As Is has no warrant.  Paid $125, s&h $10 and tax.

Respected Contributor

Re: "As Is" Lexington Small Shopper has hollow look from sides from middle down - needs st

I wrote a long reply yesterday but it went into cyber space.  The crease might come out.... stuff the bag and treat it with a warm hair dryer (NOT hot) to help relax the crease.   Then let it rest.   If it doesn't work then you can decide if it is a problem for you.

Also,  over the next few months,  especially after Christmas, there will be lots of sales... department stores, ILOVEDOONEY (the online Dooney outlet), in the brick and mortar Dooney outlets (which can ship some  styles/colors), on Dooney dot com, and even in the Dooney retail boutiques (which can sometimes ship sale items), and of course there is QVC.   Just be sure to understand the return policy for the specific item you are buying.... not every place makes it as easy to return as QVC and some places/items may not be returnable at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: "As Is" Lexington Small Shopper has hollow look from sides from middle down - needs st

Lord & Taylor periodically has a sale where you can get the Lexington for $148.00. You do have to pay shipping of $10.00. Like today's Friends sale. http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/leather-mini-tote I got one a while back, and it came in pristine new condition, all straps and hardware wrapped and packaged beautifully.

Contributor

Sent it back to QVC.  Got a brand new Dooney Small Lexington Shopper at Macy's.  Macy's price was $198, minus a 25% coupon everyone got and I opened a Macy's charge with an automatic 20% off - total is $125.00 (less than the "as is" price).  This purse is $228 at QVC.  I saved over $100.  Now, the six easy payments is wonderful that QVC offers somethings on the Dooney's sometimes but I didn't feel guilty at all paying $125.00 cash for my Lexington.  I'm happy.  I'm waiting for the Hunter Green or Olive Green to go on sale and I have a feeling it will at the end of the cool months.  Got to check Macy's almost daily.  Seems like every week a different color Dooney Small Lexington Shopper is on sale.