Frequent Contributor

Recently shown Dooneys that seem dated and prevent me from buying them

[ Edited ]

The pebble leather zip zip and the pebble leather crossbody.

Specifically a252389 and a260501

I know that zip zip has been very popular and some say it is the best designed Dooney ever made but there is something about the outside of it that looks dated to me that I can't get past or I would have purchased one or maybe two. 

Now, I do own one of the Trixie bags although not the new larger one that does interest me too, although I do feel it's over priced. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Recently shown Dooneys that seem dated and prevent me from buying them

I agree.  They are heavy, stiff, not easy to get into and most have no outside pockets.  I even have one of the zip zip bags in a cute print that I purchased several years ago and rarely used it.

I just don't care much for Dooney bags anymore.  While they are well made they just don't work for me.

Super Contributor

There is a bag called the Carter on DB site...that is larger however, than the ZZ bag.  But there is a slit for a phone on the outside along the seam...

DB needs more phone pockets....that would help. 

Frequent Contributor

Also want to say that I think it's pretty outrageous that the new larger trixie is more expensive than the much larger zip zip bag.  A total rip off which is another reason I believe I'm finally done with Dooney.  

Honored Contributor

I have purchased a few Dooneys over the years, but I’m over them. I need an outside pocket, and if there is hardware I prefer white metal. They are also too heavy for my lifestyle now.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Some years ago I had a tote from QVC and a handbag directly from their site.  That was when I saw that at times the QVC offering is NOT the same quality.  Never again bought from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I have the zip zip in navy, and still love it.  I still get compliments each time I wear it.  It is probably 6 years old or older, and still looks new.

Valued Contributor

I also love my zip zips. I have three:  red, yellow and French blue. I find them very efficient. They hold a lot, and I think they are a classic. The Coach Sierra looks very similar and also is one of their best sellers. If someone thinks they look dated -- well, solution is:  don't buy one. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

For me thats a good thing...I can shop from my own Dooney closet       Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I have the zip zip in navy, and still love it.  I still get compliments each time I wear it.  It is probably 6 years old or older, and still looks new.

I have it in navy too and tan and both are 6 or 7 years old.  I have a large handbag collection, assembled over many years, so my leather bags never wear out.  I'm don't understand the concept of handbag styles being "dated".  Handbags never go out of style.