Respected Contributor

So excited! I just pre-ordered the new Dooney florentine satchel with side zipper from Dooney. Finally a new style in that leather! This new bag makes me excited to see what new Dooneys QVC might finally start showing this fall. Is this important! Of course not. And that's the fun if it. As I just said to my mother on the phone, Dooney is my escape from the serious stuff of life. Woo-Hoo!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Dooney florentine bag!

@libbyannE wrote:

So excited! I just pre-ordered the new Dooney florentine satchel with side zipper from Dooney. Finally a new style in that leather! This new bag makes me excited to see what new Dooneys QVC might finally start showing this fall. Is this important! Of course not. And that's the fun if it. As I just said to my mother on the phone, Dooney is my escape from the serious stuff of life. Woo-Hoo!

I sooooo agree!!!! I have around 8 nylon doonies in varioust colors (smaller sizes) and one leather, emerald green satchel. They always cheer me up. 

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I sooooo agree!!!! I have around 8 nylon doonies in varioust colors (smaller sizes) and one leather, emerald green satchel. They always cheer me up. 

Lucky you! I have been carrying my yellow nylon plus leather Verona Cristina saddle bag lately. You're right: Instant pick-me-up! 

Valued Contributor

Do you mean the florentine side zip satchel for $458 in red or brown?

Honored Contributor

I like that one.  Like the sporty strap on it and the back zip pocket.

Respected Contributor

It isn't red but a spice color. Leather lined! Don't recall the color name, I'm sorry. It's part of a line of related new florentine bags in two colors. I had trouble choosing and have two styles on order so I can choose in person. To each his own, as always. You may love it, you may not, but mostly I posted because it was good to see a sign that Dooney is going to support and expand the florentine line. JMO! 

Occasional Contributor

I have a LOT of Dooneys and sprung for the Florentine satchel after watching the fabulous video as it was made by hand in the USA. That is is hell of a lit of money for a bag made in China. Am I the only one who is disappointed? I don't mind it my others are made in China, they didnt cost three hundred dollars.

Occasional Contributor

They show the beautiful video of the bag being made by hand in the USA.

am I the ony one who is disappointed that mine was made in China? I love my bag, but do not like the fact that it is made in China.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the new florentine in the hobo style they had on yesterday.  I just looked at the D&B website and their description and pictures are much to be desired.  

Respected Contributor

@twinkle556 wrote:

They show the beautiful video of the bag being made by hand in the USA.

am I the ony one who is disappointed that mine was made in China? I love my bag, but do not like the fact that it is made in China.

First let me say that i really like my Dooney Bags.  But i have not seen any of their current bags made anywhere but China.  I understand that the Alto collection (the pricey one on Dooney.com) is made in Italy but i do not know that for a fact.  Sue Clifton talks incessantly about how the florentine leather is Italian, or Italian nylon.   Listen carefully, she never says that the bags are made in Italy.  I read on the Purse forum that someone got a bag that was made in Connecticutt at one of the outlets, probably sample bags.  While i like the bags the marketing I find to be shady.  Tell us where the materials are sourced and tell us where they are manufactured.  Be proud of a quality product made in China; Apple is.