Super Contributor

Natural Color in Florentine Bag

I can't figure out if I want the natural or the chestnut in the florentine.  The natural looks almost orange at times while the chestnut seems dark brown with a red tint.  Has anyone here gotten either of these colors in florentine and, if so, can you tell me what the colors truly are like?  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Natural Color in Florentine Bag

I have both chestnut and natural Florentine bags.

The chestnut is a deep warm brown.

The natural is like a butterscotch that patinas with time, to a darker butterscotch.Heart

Love them both, but prefer the natural. 

Valued Contributor

@InStitches49

I own a Florentine, in natural.  It is beautiful!  I have used it heavily (I like to take it with me when I travel). IMG_1155.JPGIt keeps developing its own personality.  Here is a picture next to a paper bag.  Hopefully it will give you a better idea of its color. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Super Contributor

InStitches,

I have had the Florentine domed leather satchel in natural color in the larger size the past four years. The natural is very rich, holding its color well. It is is a traditional color, not like you think as in a typical brown or tan. It goes very well with browns, tans, jeans, and olives. I think if a person thinks of herself as a Dooney Girl, then owning a Dooney in a natural color is a MUST. It is very Italian. Hope this reply helps. I do not have a bag in chestnut.

Trusted Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

@InStitches49

I own a Florentine, in natural.  It is beautiful!  I have used it heavily (I like to take it with me when I travel). IMG_1155.JPGIt keeps developing its own personality.  Here is a picture next to a paper bag.  Hopefully it will give you a better idea of its color. 

@rrpell  I have the same bag.  I guess I was wrong with the butterscotch description.

It's much more of a caramel.  Thanks for the pic !

Valued Contributor

I have the chestnut color, it is a very rich reddish brown.  I like the darker colors of Florentine, because I don't like the bag showing dirty marks, and the natural one shows dirty marks especially on the handles.  I have black, navy, Bordeaux, denim, chestnut and grey.  Love the Florentine, it's the best!

Honored Contributor

I like the natural better.  I have satchels in natural, chestnut and TMoro.  Chestnut is my least favorite of the three.