Frequent Contributor

I sent dooney a brand new bag to create a strap for me, which I was then told they could not do. Now they wont send me back my 568.00 handbag. I have sat on hold for in excess of 40 minutes and longer only to be hung up on once I get a person.  They have the worst customer service.

Honored Contributor

Wow, what is their reason for not returning your purse?  I think I would find out where they are located and call the police in that city and tell them your purse has been stolen.  Just a thought.  Hope you get it back soon.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

I have no idea whats going on. If I could actually speak to a person, maybe I could find out.

Trusted Contributor

I've sent coats back to manufacturer's to have the sleeves altered once I knew the fit was right, but why would you have to send back a bag to create a strap?  Was it going to be attached?  And why would they not know they couldn't do it in the first place?

Valued Contributor

Wow! What kind of company would not send back a purse that has been paid for?  And doesn't belong to them. I would keep on them, about returning your purse. Good luck!!!

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Wow, what is their reason for not returning your purse?  I think I would find out where they are located and call the police in that city and tell them your purse has been stolen.  Just a thought.  Hope you get it back soon.

Yeah, I am sure the police will get right on that . . .Smiley Very Happy

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I can see why the wouldn't "create" a strap for you. They mass produce. They don't do individual orders like a true design house. I am very surprised you have not received either your bag or a refund. Appeal to your credit card company and put everything in writing. Good luck.

Frequent Contributor

According to the gal in the repairs department, you must sent the bag in to have a strap created. She also was certain they could do it. Then, once they got the bag, they told me they couldnt create custom straps. Interestingly, I spoke to the same gal bpoth times, and she denied our first conversation. Had she not told me to send it in with specific details,. I would not have spent 20$ to ship to them. Now they are holding it hostage. I love theior bags, but they have the worst customer service. Im not sure if I will ever get it back. I finally got throigh yesterday, and the very same gal said its sitting in their shipping department almost 10 days now.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, yes I will keep calling, just hope it eventually comes back to me, and hopefully not damaged. I will never ever send them a bag for anything, repair, etc.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you. They do actually make straps, but they only make straps that would have been the strap that should have come with the bag originally. Unfortunately, when I called to inquire, the gal misled me and said they could create just a leather strap for my bag, which originally came with a webbed strap. I wouldnt have bothered paying to send it in in the first place, had she advised correctly. At this point, I just want my bag back!